Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

5,6,7 the weekend (thread) starts here ..5,6,7th of april 2013 ..

Notices

5,6,7 the weekend (thread) starts here ..5,6,7th of april 2013 ..

Old 04-06-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Dee74
Stick to the job, Nons
All you can do is your best - if the brothers don't like it they can take it over
I agree, Non. When I read your post about the brothers, I was thinking it must be nice to bark orders from Europe. WTF man...I mean it's obvious that you are one badass baconator and all, but they do realize you are only human?
Old 04-06-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Thanks for the good vibes, we are back at the hotel. There wasn't a chance I was going to drink, I just didn't want to have my AV badger me all evening, and be a grump.

The story with my wife's brothers is complex. They're not bad guys, but they have unrealistic expectations about what can be done with father-in-law when he doesn't always remember what he owns anymore. The bank wants to know that stuff for a refi - it's going to take time to get that information.

Anyway - thanks for the support. Departing for home early tomorrow morning. Looking forward to my own bed!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Send me good vibes !
They're in the mail Nons, just sent them via FedEx Instant.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Bonne voyage for today Non ,

Here in london the weather has been super sunny and warm enough if you have a coat on . Yesterday i went to the Horniman museum, i haven't been there in 30 years . As an engineer it is facinating to see some of the exhibits and the hard work someone put into them , the craftsmanship of people who who lived 300 or over 2000 years ago .

It was also lovely to go out side have a pot of tea and a cake with my friend and admire the splendid view , which takes in the whole of the london sky line . Canary wharf , St Pauls , Wembely stadium , No 1 Westminster , the Gherkin and the Shard which is huge ! I could'nt see the Westminster clock tower (big ben being the bell that chimes the hours inside) as it was behind a closer tower block .

Lovely spring day ,
hope your all staying sober today, we've got less than 14 hours to go here in the UK and our australien freinds only have 4 ... let's do this ..

Bestwishes, M
Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hi everyone. Just saying hello this morning.

Remember to smile today!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning to everyone. Nice breezy spring day. Possible t-storms.... Love spring storms. Feeling really good this morning! Hope everyone else is too!! Have a great Sunday

SC
Old 04-07-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Hi everyone. Just saying hello this morning.

Remember to smile today!
It's about time you checked in! i was ready to call Theresa Caputo!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hey Fandy... sorry I have been quiet. I switched iPads and have not got the new one set up totally. So until i do I cannot be on from work. only home.

I plan on posting today. Just writing down whats in the ol noodle.

Heading to Tangor Outlets to get some stuff. Feel like spending money.

Talk later!

And Teresa would not find me YET... I am not dead!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

It is 9:38 AM, Sunday in Athens, Georgia. I AM SOBER! Not Hung-over! No recriminations from my wife about my drinking! No emotional wreckage from drinking! SOBER WEEKEND...YAY!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Sunday morning check-in! Finally spring-like in Chicago, beautiful morning. Out and about already today, was on the bus and over to the art district and made it to a cafe with wifi. Enjoying the sun and celebrating sobriety today.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Art districts are groovy...
Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Bonne voyage for today Non ,

Here in london the weather has been super sunny and warm enough if you have a coat on . Yesterday i went to the Horniman museum, i haven't been there in 30 years . As an engineer it is facinating to see some of the exhibits and the hard work someone put into them , the craftsmanship of people who who lived 300 or over 2000 years ago .

It was also lovely to go out side have a pot of tea and a cake with my friend and admire the splendid view , which takes in the whole of the london sky line . Canary wharf , St Pauls , Wembely stadium , No 1 Westminster , the Gherkin and the Shard which is huge ! I could'nt see the Westminster clock tower (big ben being the bell that chimes the hours inside) as it was behind a closer tower block .

Lovely spring day ,
hope your all staying sober today, we've got less than 14 hours to go here in the UK and our australien freinds only have 4 ... let's do this ..

Bestwishes, M
Sounds like an amazing view, thanks for sharing. Love London. In regards to the exhibit, that sounds so cool! I am going to google that, maybe it'll travel to Chicago sometime. It really boggles the mind when I see art from long ago. Recently I went to the Art Institute here in Chicago and they have a lot of European art from 1100-1500. It's so well done and an amazing window into the days long past, the human species never ceases to amaze me!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

a little thought for the newer sober weekenders....

you may find yourself with some extra $$$ since you are not spending it on a boozey filled weekend, which as we all know can get mighty pricey if you are out.

even if you are now buying premium top-shelf BACON and designer chocolate...you are still ahead of the game....and maybe a better reward is possible.
(in anticipation of the newer upcoming model...ipads are on sale this weekend at several stores, our Weasey is a trend setter)!
and lol, i didn't mean to predict that you were dead, i got a good chuckle out of that one.

Fandy took a container of previously made turkey and black bean chili out of the freezer....fresh chips and guac are needed for later, YUM!

headed to mama's house...we took it off the market last week and i need to check it.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

OK back from the outlets... got some funky converse sneakers with bright yellow laces. A bit youthful for this old guy but they will remind me to stay sober when I see them.

Off to get a charcoal grill. Want to cook out tonight and miss the flavor from them. The gas grill does not do the same.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I got lost in Target last night Weasel. Really f'ing lost. Where's the checkout? I panicked like a 5 year old who lost their Mommy. I did eventually find my way out. God I feel like an old ass. Yeah, you know I used to shop drunk. How the hell did I manage that?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Lots of reading, napping, and eating (trying to be healthier!). My son is recoverying quite well from his surgery a few weeks ago, bf's surgery went really well on Friday too. I think I'm tired from having taken care of everyone else and not enough of myself; that is why I'm so low key this weekend. Greatful for this sober Sunday and appreciating not having drama from weekend drinking in my life!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

What a great weekend...Didn't have to make (or receive) any phone calls to apologize for being an A@@...
Old 04-07-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Made it home from the road trip. Stopped about halfway and had brunch with one of our boys. He's a good kid.

I realized this morning that I still had a wallet full of cash from an ATM stop 2+ weeks ago. That still seems unusual. I would burn through cash pretty quickly when I was drinking. Anyway - I tucked it in my son's hoodie pocket as we were leaving. A nice surprise from the money faerie for him when he finds it.

Back home and the weather is gorgeous. Trees are blooming. Birds are chirping. One of my neighbors is grilling and it smells heavenly. Too bad I'm not passed out in my own drool missing it - NOT!

Tough to think about the work week to come when it's like this. Sigh. Looking forward to next weekend already!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Escapist.... I have those moments. I drank so much that I cannot think clear. I am still having trouble. Glad you made it home safe.

Made hot dogs and chicken legs on the new grill. Super tasty.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Weasel...nothing like charcoal grilling Love the smell outside and hot dogs , burgers well eveything always taste better grilled on the coals. Off to get me some.