Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

5,6,7 the weekend (thread) starts here ..5,6,7th of april 2013 ..

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Yeh ! i'm not old enough to remember 5,4,3,2,1 the show from the 60's but it seemed like a nice way to kick off the weekend .
For those who want to try and get through the weekend sober welcome , there is no moment like now let's do this thing .

So lets all talk a bit of nonscence about meat products , food , metaphorical bikes , hikes , runs , anything we're up to , encourage eachother and show those who are still drunk / out of it , those lurkers out there ...who are wondering about giving up ...that us sober people CAN have life without drink / drugs . Life clean and sober is worthwhile and is sometimes even fun, ha ha ha

*ring ring* All are welcome , i've got my metaphorical sober bike out and whatever happens i'm just going to steadily cycle through till monday. Maybe if we all cycle along together we'll have a better chance of getting there . If you fall off we'll be around to cheer when you get back on your sober bike and carry on with us . I've managed to stay in the saddle for 580 days but i remain vigilant for holes in the road ...

It's Friday Wooooo

Bestwishes, M
Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
I've managed to stay in the saddle for 580 days but i remain vigilant for holes in the road ...
I'm framing this!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

BACON on the PATHWAY

I am going to beat Nonsensical to the meat product reference. I am going to lay out strips of metaphorical BACON, and just like carrots for a donkey, each piece of BACON will be my incentive to keep on the Sober path. I am laying out 8 pieces of yummy SOBER BACON, one for each hour until morning comes. Until then, I plan on partaking of that yummy BACON, piece-by-piece and staying SOBER in the process.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by RDBplus3 View Post
I am going to beat Nonsensical to the meat product reference. I am going to lay out strips of metaphorical BACON, and just like carrots for a donkey, each piece of BACON will be my incentive to keep on the Sober path. I am laying out 8 pieces of yummy SOBER BACON, one for each hour until morning comes. Until then, I plan on partaking of that yummy BACON, piece-by-piece and staying SOBER in the process.
I'm picturing pacman munching that bacon up!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Bacon is no mere meat product. It is a metaphor for living a mindful life. Brother RDPplus3 has shown you the path. Wilt thou be enlightened?

My beautiful wife is spending her weekend with 2 alcoholics. I'm the non-drinking one. We are visiting her father, who is the still drinking one. Fortunately, he's not the belligerent, vomiting, blackout kind of drunk. But, he does drink every evening. I am using this opportunity to hone my skills at being a sociable non-drinker. Unfamiliar territory for me. I have often been the only guy in the room drinking. Now I am the only guy in the room not drinking. Gotta get accustomed to the new pattern.

Bacon will help. Bacon always helps.

RING RING
Old 04-05-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey! Ipad is down today so signed in on the phone. Just wanted to get in on the action. I need support this weekend. Talk later from home! Ring ring
Old 04-05-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Sending positive bacon waves to my big brother, Ken.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Can I substitute chocolate for bacon please?

Loads of support for you here Ken xxx
Old 04-05-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

*ring ring* @ Ken ,

M
Old 04-05-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

You lot talking about bacon got me in a meaty mood so i got some liver for my tea tonight
My experiment with vegitarianism isn't going too well ... but it has made me think about how much meat i was consuming and the portion size . I'm still going for the 90 days mostly veggi / fruity . This is only the second time i've had a meaty meal in the last 6 weeks .

Bestwishes, M
Old 04-05-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This is the second time that I've been out of my normal routine on a Friday evening, my normal witching hour/craving a drink time. Guess what?! I didn't have a desire to drink! My bf had surgery today so I was in the hospital and totally of my normal routine. What I've come to realize is that I need to mix things up in a significant way at certain times (such as Friday evening) to break my cycle of craving that I've created for myself. Seems pretty simple but some times the simple is just a little too complicated for me! I am on board this weekend with you sober-minded people!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Mecanix.....Liver and Tea ain't right together!

soberclover..glad you're here with us, and congrats on being sober-minded.

Bacon = Good......Liver & Tea = Not so Good......Sober together on the SR website = Great
Old 04-05-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This is my third sober weekend in a row. Hope all is well for everyone.

Red meat and pork are hard on the liver. Please use sparingly
Old 04-05-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Sending positive bacon waves to my big brother, Ken.
EXERCISE= eggs are sides.....for BACON!

perhaps we need a bacon thread????
Old 04-05-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I did have eggs today. No bacon .
Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dang it! I'm out of bacon!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I just had this picture in my head. You know those tandem bikes. Made me laugh.I pictured a bicycle built for a whole bunch of us drunks. I wouldn't want to be steering that thing, with all those back seat drivers.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I have completed the week without sugar. I feel so ripped off . I seem to be sleeping more soundly though. I am not waking up every hour. I still have my starbucks.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Okay my son-in-law just gave me a maple bacon potatoe chip! Oh my god.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Having breakfast with my lovely bride of 21 years yesterday morning at a diner she frequented as a youth (we are in her hometown). I had the bacon and cheese omelet. She had scrambled eggs with a side of bacon. I finished my breakfast and was mesmerized by her beauty and her fond memories when the waiter appeared and said, "can I take these plates for you?" My wife said "sure".

Then everything started happening so fast. I looked down and my wife had an uneaten strip of bacon on her plate. The waiter picked up her plate. He was taking away bacon!!! I panicked. I lunged for the plate, but missed, sprawling on the floor. Fortunately, this confused my bacon-thieving adversary, and he hesitated, giving me ample time to roll, swing my legs around and trip him. I snatched the falling bacon out of mid-air amidst the sounds of crashing crockery. It's deliciousness and life-enhancing properties saved from an unthinkable fate.

You would think the manager would show a little appreciation for my heroic efforts, but no. He was a real jerk about it. I don't think we are going back there again.

Oh, I was also in a room full of drinking people for several hours yesterday, but that was inconsequential compared to the trauma at breakfast. We almost wasted bacon. I may need therapy.

RING RING