Notices

pile of shells and puckered lips!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 3girls1husband View Post
since I haven't shared with him my desire to stop yet, I think he would notice if it was suddenly gone, or he would assume I finished it off....
You really are sneaking up on this recovery thing, aren't you.

As a nurse, if I told you I was having chest pains & shortness of breath would you advise me not to tell a soul and try really hard to wish it away? Maybe post it on an anonymous website to get some "opinions".

My sponsees sometimes ask me for advice. I pray on it and give them the best advice I can. I also tell them they can take my advice, I'm usually not using it.

"By the way, I'm a Tarpon resident too!" There are no coincidences, you are blessed.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-29-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

2Granddaughters, yes I seem to be sneaking my way to shedding alcohol from my life. And frankly not sure what or how I will be doing it day to to day, I believe its fair to say I need a plan.
I had to smirk reading your nursing analogy. You are right, I should look at this the same as I would with my patients. But its easier to educate and make recommendations to others than it is to walk them myself....
Old 03-29-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 3girls1husband View Post
Deeker, yes I went there as a nursing student.....I can literally walk there from my house....
( Dry Dock AA Meeting Place)

Cool 3g, let me know if you want to meet some weekend for a meeting. They have bonfire meetings there too you know. I actually live in Tarpon Springs but do most of my Meetings in New Port Richey, I do a lot of NA meetings too cuz hubby is an addict and feels out of place at AA. Pm me when you muster up the courage. Happy Easter! it's a much better way to live!