Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 7

Old 03-28-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clight View Post
Hello, everyone

Last night I fell of the wagon after doing so good this month. I am not going to say how disgusted I am with myself because I know exactly what I did. Day 1 for me. I guess I am not allowed to be in company with people because I had two drinks and left everyone to hit the LQ store.
Okay, so falling off the wagon is bad, but I'm still impressed that you stopped after two!!

Do you think you drank because you allowed yourself to be around other people who were drinking and maybe it was too soon for that?

I think you should stop beating yourself up now, analyze why you drink and how you'll avoid repeating that mistake, and move forward. Here's to new beginnings!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Too late for if onlys, yr back so get back on that pony & aim it at sober city
Old 03-28-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArgentOfSilvae View Post
Okay off to work, been sat here freezing my baby did not want to share my dressing gown....

Later y'all
What kind of kitty cat is that AoS? I have the garden variety orange tabby but his head is the size of a small bowling ball. That kitty looks exotic...so so cute.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
Okay, so falling off the wagon is bad, but I'm still impressed that you stopped after two!!

Do you think you drank because you allowed yourself to be around other people who were drinking and maybe it was too soon for that?

I think you should stop beating yourself up now, analyze why you drink and how you'll avoid repeating that mistake, and move forward. Here's to new beginnings!
Hi, Me
No I had 2 drinks with a few people then left and went to the Liquor store and ended up having 4 more. Yes, I should have never went with them and I can't take it back now. To soon your right! Day 1 and I guess I cant leave this site for now at all unless I have to eat, clean, work..... Once I think it is okay to not be here all the time I am wrong I thought its okay to not live on here but I can't for quite some time.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Hello, everyone

Last night I fell of the wagon after doing so good this month. I am not going to say how disgusted I am with myself because I know exactly what I did. Day 1 for me. I guess I am not allowed to be in company with people because I had two drinks and left everyone to hit the LQ store. Today is the guilt day and I just have to say to myself I fell off and to pick myself up and keep going like before. I am so un happy today which I should have thought about it yesterday.

clight
i know exactly how you feel
i had a few drinks out with friends, then went home
and had few too many drinks of vodka
now i feel the same way
lets hang in there, here!
i feel odd now and dont know how i will last the day, but
together we are strong clight
so many have told me that its so good to be back here and that a few slips will happen on the road to being sober
peace out and chin up
Old 03-28-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hi, Me
No I had 2 drinks with a few people then left and went to the Liquor store and ended up having 4 more. Yes, I should have never went with them and I can't take it back now. To soon your right! Day 1 and I guess I cant leave this site for now at all unless I have to eat, clean, work..... Once I think it is okay to not be here all the time I am wrong I thought its okay to not live on here but I can't for quite some time.
Oh, duh, sorry -- not sure why I read it that you left them because they were going to the liquor store!

God, if it had been me I would probably still be drinking at this point, so at least you did put a stop to it.

I won't say I'll never have just two drinks, but this is why having none is best for most of us. Two drinks is probably just enough to diminish your inhibitions and then it's off to the races. Sigh.

Well, I think as long as we learn from them there is value even in our mistakes. I haven't drank anything, but I did run off the rails with my eating habits and exercise the last couple of days, which is frustrating given the amount of effort I'd been putting in to losing weight. Why do we sabotage ourselves? GAH!

So we're both getting back on the horse today. And riding the hell out of it.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Welcome back clight. I know the feeling very well. I've slipped more times than Vanessa Feltz on an ice rink.

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, but having been where you are so many times words sometimes can't sum it all up. All you can do is turn it into a positive and learn from it. It's only today you gotta ride out, and then you'll be back to normal.

Doesn't matter if you slip day 1 or 300, we're all in the same boat.

Nice to see you back as well yestofreedom, hang on in there for today. Thinking of you all as ever.

Off to an Indian restaurant for a meal tonight, none of us drink so no worries there. I'll just burn my face off with copious amounts of spice and roll home a stone heavier.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

"whoop whoop whoop, you go girlfriend!!"

Mucho congrats on the 2 weeks Toots!!!

Old 03-28-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Once I think it is okay to not be here all the time I am wrong I thought its okay to not live on here but I can't for quite some time.
Clight

Welcome back. I said this in a post the other day and I think there's some truth in it. This site won't keep you sober - only you can do that. It doesn't matter what group you're in, it has to come from you.

There are people that walk in to AA, shine bright for a couple of months and are never seen again. There are people on here full of the best intentions and then before you know it, they're gone. We all could be one of those.

Use this place as part of your support mechanism but don't let an obsession with here define your sobriety. It's not the answer.

Onwards and upwards, gang,

NT
Old 03-28-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Ok folks, lets stop with the negative thoughts; a four day weekend will be a wonderful oportunity to find lots of lovely sober things to do. Start writing a list now.
We WILL be sober, we WILL be here Tuesday, 5 days further down the line!!!!!
That's the spirit!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Two-Weeks-Toots: Whoop, whoop, whoop, you GO girlfriend! We LOVE you, and not just because of adorable Molly (though she is a bonus).

June & Snaggle/Sniffle/Snuggle & clight & YTF: You are back, that is the important thing. And we love youse somethin’ awful – you can do this.

Panache, sorry about Castle Greyskull. Can you jump the moat soon? Good for you for choosing sober time over family time. The shame of it is they can’t be one in the same. I must admit, I prefer dogs to people. Glad you are here and reducing your isolation, my friend.

Congrats to Panache, Ben, Marcher13, Phebe, MeSoSober, Natty and all others celebrating another sober day!

360shoes – thanks for offering to take the bullet of the other shoe dropping. No dropping shoes spotted yet and still in my happy place. Perhaps annoyingly so.

Hey bepresent – tweens are a great market to write for. Thanks for saying you would like to read my titles – not ready to “come out” yet as an alkie, as you knew.

Hey Black – good work on getting over the Irish wake. I see you are from Donegal – my father always sang that old song: And we’ll live content and pay no rent in dear old Donegal!

Good on ya Argent and RaggedyMan for sitting down with your partners and having that conversation.

I will have the house to myself for a lot of this weekend, opportunity to sing without making my partner projectile vomit, and a great diversion (poor dogs though). Here is my playlist:

You’re No Good by Linda Ronstadt – dedicated to booze and I am feeling better now that we’re through.

Motown – Shotgun and What Does It Take (Jr. Walker and the All Stars), I’ll Be Around (Spinners), Nowhere to Run (Martha and the Vandellas), anything by THE BOSS, U2 (but not their really moody, deep stuff), Tubthumping by whatever-their-name-is, and lotsa other stuff. Air guitar is out and ready.

Sassy, Duffster, JimJim, Obladi, Teardrop and other early Marchers – where are you? Hope you are doing well. Please check in.

Hey Mick-ster – great attitude my friend.

Trach: brevity sucks.

Big love to all Sober Marchers and their dogs, cats, and bunnies!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Day 10. Anyone else having trouble with the boredom of being sober?
Old 03-28-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
Clight

Welcome back. I said this in a post the other day and I think there's some truth in it. This site won't keep you sober - only you can do that. It doesn't matter what group you're in, it has to come from you.

There are people that walk in to AA, shine bright for a couple of months and are never seen again. There are people on here full of the best intentions and then before you know it, they're gone. We all could be one of those.

Use this place as part of your support mechanism but don't let an obsession with here define your sobriety. It's not the answer.

NT
Thank you!

I know it has to be me and I fell off 1 day out of 26 so this makes me feel better but..... I have noticed since I picked up my relatives I was only on here letting everyone know that I was picking them up then reading only a couple of posts and not getting back to them which these posts are what help me the most. So, from now on I will switch now another thing. I will be here from a hour in the morning, a hour in the afternoon and a hour before bed. I need to read these post and post as well. I have to be here because all of you are the only people that relate to me and it helps me.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Murdock80 View Post
Day 10. Anyone else having trouble with the boredom of being sober?
Took the words out of my mouth. I'm in work and there's emails and talk about being so excited to go out after work and get "lashed".
I'm thoroughly miffed.

Someone took pity on me earlier (as a few of my friends know I'm not drinking now) and asked could I be "tempted to come out for a lemonade?".... What a pity f*ck. Think I'll feel better when I'm on my way home.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

i love this group

such great support
Old 03-28-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Thanks Northlander, that's the goal this weekend, look for pastures new.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
Clight

NT
So smart... always thankful for the 'reality checks.' Helps to keep my 2 feet on the ground and aware of the 'pink clouds'
Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
I had a few drinks last night. I am not happy about this. My husband had told me that he wasn't going to drink this month and I was happy cos I thought this would help me too. Last night was the usual Wed night out and he said he fancied a couple of beers and said I should have a couple too if I wanted as long as I didn't have wine (sends me hyper). So in typical alkie thinking, I interpreted this as a 'green light' to have a drink. Wish I hadnt bothered. ONly had a couple but still feel like c**p today - physially ad especially mentally. Wasn't gonna post cos I feel like a complete let down. But I am determined about one thing - I do not want to leave the Marchers and therefore I have to fight to get back on track. Day 1 ....
Snaggel, please don't beat yourself up. It will do nothing positive for you. I speak from a lifetime of experience of doing that. It didn't help me change a darn thing for myself. You feel like c**p because that just what drinking alcohol feels like. Mother Teresa would feel the same way if she had thrown down a few.

I'm going to blame how i feel and think on that I'm a Buddhist so I don't sound so childlike. I think I have to love myself into change and I have to love those close to me into it also. Love and compassion is the only thing that has ever felt real to me. That is my daily struggle and work. If I love myself, I don't want to drink. If I love others, I have strength to tell them my truth.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Boredom was an issue for me, particularly during the winter. I have to admit, I think my depression the first week I stopped drinking was due to boredom and just feeling like the days were so damn long. Right now I am over-scheduling myself and making plans with friends that I avoided in the past so I could stay home and drink. Part of me is a bit concerned because I went from such a funk to being in a great mood for weeks now, with no Mr. Inbetween. But, happy is good.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

360 you are right about beating yourself up. When I tried to stop in the past and slipped, I would use the guilt and shame of slipping to actually enable myself to tie one on.