Notices

drinking after being sober for 10 plus years...

Old 03-17-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you Hevyn xo
Old 03-17-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi beautiful. I had 13 years and then started drinking again for another five years.

From my very first drink, when I was teen, I drank to get drunk. If I couldn't drink to get smashed I just didn't drink. It was all or nothing for me, always has been from my first drink so many years ago.

One would think, after 13 years booze free I would have started back trying to moderate...NOPE! Moderation was the last thing on my mind. Getting pass out drunk, home alone, every night was my goal and I exceeded my expectations. I never could wrap my mind around why someone would want to drink if they didn't want to get drunk. It has always seemed like a waste of time and money. That might sound pathetic but that is the truth, for me. Moderation would be a form of torture for me.

I found SR in the beginning of January and put down alcohol for good that very night.

Glad you found SR. Have a look around all the different forums.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

~ Thank you Hevyn..That is the way I see everything after a night of my weekend, (only at home,) drinking....very dark.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

, BEAUTIFULIFE. 10 years sober is prove you can stay sober, and because you posted here , I believe you have taking a positive step to get started again. Rootin for ya.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Welcome back. You just need some more encouragement! I am so glad you are not giving up, I have seen so many people give up in my short time sober that it only pushes me harder to stay sober and alive.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Received:
Moderation was the last thing on my mind. Getting pass out drunk, home alone, every night was my goal and I exceeded my expectations. I never could wrap my mind around why someone would want to drink if they didn't want to get drunk. It has always seemed like a waste of time and money. That might sound pathetic but that is the truth, for me. Moderation would be a form of torture for me.
Hey - that was me too! Get home - drink alone - get blitzed. Turned me into a hermit. I'm just now starting to peek out of my cave.

I got sober for 5 years and then started back a couple years ago. Just got sober again about a week ago - this will be day 11 - just have to get through this night.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

oops think I posted in the wrong one. Found this post after a google search and signed up.

Topic that rings home
Old 03-25-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedomexists View Post
oops think I posted in the wrong one. Found this post after a google search and signed up.

Topic that rings home
Thanks for replying-
Feel free to vent or ask me any questions I love to help if I can share my journey with you
Old 03-25-2018, 01:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Update!

I was reminded of this beautiful group because somebody had posted on my thread which I haven’t been active on for a few years now-
I just read the first post that I had posted on here when I wanted to stop drinking again...wow!!!!

I guess it was a beautiful reminder-That maybe I needed today.

I am now over two years sober my life has changed tremendously I can’t even begin to tell you!!!!!!

Thankful to all of you that commented years ago on this thread for the love and support.

So grateful!!
❤️❤️❤️✌🏼
Old 03-25-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks!

Very interesting thread.

I guess it's something that has come to mind lately: Those that have quite drinking for a long time and then decided to drink again without problem.

Was it a rational decision in your case? Did you always know that you would one day drink again? or was it an emotional impulsive choice?

From what I read from your post, upon returning to drink alcohol you didn't experience any "major" problems, so to speak. i.e no daily drinking or smashing up the house..

I could be wrong, but was it simply guilt and shame that made you want to quit again and seek help?

Thanks again!!!
Old 03-25-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome back beautifullife - how great you have 2 years of recovery
congrats!
D
Old 03-25-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome back beautifullife - how great you have 2 years of recovery
congrats!
D
Thank you so much!!!!!
Old 03-25-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I once quit for 2 years and started back before quitting again. I know how you feel. You've been drinking for past 5 years you say? Well, I think where you're talking about is one of the steps I took to quit again. You will evolve to the point of quitting. In my case the unrelenting depression got me to quit. I am older now and the effects are much worse physically and emotionally. I feel much better now and feel safer with myself. These things helped me.