Notices

Class of February 2013

Old 02-12-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jcat
I don't think you're an idiot - I hoped I could do the same.

Eventually tho, I learned that whatever my good intentions, alcohol always bought them undone.

Once I drink, I cede control...I never really have any idea how things will turn out.

If you're a drinker like me, you may have to face that too?

D
Old 02-12-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Sober birthday 2/7/13

Welcome JCat!

As you've seen, You are not alone. Your story is echoed in so many of us. There is a lot of support for what you are going through. If you are ready to quit the cycle, we are all here to help.

I'm enjoying a day 6 sober instead of a Fat Tuesday drunken stupor at home. I have a husband who couldn't handle being around me the 70% of the time I wasn't even in my body, and 3 kids. The oldest, 12, was aware and had seen me drunk way too many times. He was the first person I told I was getting help when I came here.

You will have good days and bad days, and we will understand every day. You are in the right place.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I'm new to the fourm and though I have been clean 9 months, I'm not to sure if I'm going to make it thought the month to claim month 10. All I can do is tell myself just for today.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManicFaze View Post
I'm new to the fourm and though I have been clean 9 months, I'm not to sure if I'm going to make it thought the month to claim month 10. All I can do is tell myself just for today.
Welcome ManicFaze, you're in the right place

I don't know anything about your personal situation, but i encourage you...don't do it!! i did at a similair time to you & ended up losing alot because of it...everything i had gained in the 1 yr of sobriety i achieved disapeared quickly & i was right back where i was before. my partner left me, ive lost friends, im a musician & havnt written anything in aaaages. just basically spet 2 years zoning out while my life passed me by. i didnt really care it was falling apart at the seems, because i could always just get drunk to deal with any sadness.

the sweet lie of alcohol.

enough grim talk tho, i feel great today, day 10 i think?? lol.... & have been inspired to start improving my diet & exercise a bit more see if that can help things along.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome manicfaze - what's got you worried?

D
Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning, SR Heroes!
Day 16 and feeling so STRONG I have to put it in red.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hello everyone
Yesterday was really tuff but behind me now.
Today will be day 4 and I'm committed to staying sober.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JCat View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm a little inspired by how well people are doing here.
I only found this site on Monday while i was planning another day 1 after too much grog over the weekend (again).
Same old story, i need to stop this pattern of trying to give up every Monday.
I have probably had 2-3 grog free days this year and last year less than 15.
My longest sober stint in nearly 20 years was 8 days last September, my major problem is weekends which seems to be a common theme here.

To be truthful, i've been reluctant to join this month cause i'm affraid i wont be able to geet through this weekend, you will all think i'm an idiot for thinking this, but i still have it in my head that i can be sober during the week and limit my drinking on the weekends to a glass of wine a night with dinner!!
I need to do something as my wife is near the end with it i think(dont blame her), and my son is getting old enough to understand what is going on.

Can i reluctantly join Feb and give it a go? I'm not feeling that great today and a little cranky with everyone, but i'll feel better by Friday.

Sorry for the ramble.

Thanks, and good luck to all.
JCat,
So glad u joined us!! Welcome...and u didn't ramble. Thank you for sharing with us, the Feb class is here for you!!
Thinking of you and wishing you a good day tomorrow.
Venus xx

Old 02-13-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Day 3; so happy I didn't listen to AV yesterday afternoon and that I am clear headed and ready to take on the world today.

Wife told me she will be making a recipe that requires wine this evening. Just asked her to pour out the rest of the bottle before I get home. I don't need that temptation right now.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I am back after a Christmas-season slip. I had several months of sobriety under my belt and then made the mistake (again) of thinking that I could be a social drinker. Ha! I quickly escalated back to almost a bottle of wine every afternoon. Yesterday I quit and I felt great when I got up this morning. My plan is to substitute several other rewarding activities for the time in the afternoon I would otherwise spend drinking wine. I'll keep you advised.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hey all,

I was a member of the January group, slipped up. Not been drinking everyday but enough to make me feel pretty darn ill. I'm back again to kick this awful, awful thing.

I know that I will get through today without a drink, and I suppose that's all that matters. Hope to get to know all of you in the coming weeks/months etc. Stay strong
Old 02-13-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Count me in the Feb group. Stopped on the 11th!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Day two..feels great to wake up with no hangover!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Checking in on my day 11.

Work keeps me busy enough during the week that there isn't really any time to drink except in the evenings. I keep a lid on that by not having any alcohol in the house. So far I haven't been in a position to have to "turn down" alcohol from anyone. I have a safe environment where I can go home and not be tempted.

My weakness is weekends where I have the support from SR and the weekend threads to keep me grounded.

This weekend I'm going to a restaurant with my wife's family. I will just order a sprite. If I am asked, I will say "I gave it up for lent". (I'm not catholic or religious for that matter, but it will work all the same.)
Old 02-13-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wino1234 View Post
Day two..feels great to wake up with no hangover!
You said it. It sounds like such a little thing but it's really part of a big life change. You don't have to dread mornings anymore.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Day 5. Starting to feel a little better.

Reorganized my Pinterest boards last night and left the house for some take out. Not much but I felt accomplished. Still feeling lethargic and anti social but my job as a waitress will force me out of that. Today is the day I face my co-workers and think I will feel better afterwards.

Not worried about drinking yet my resolve is still strong for now- but I know those days are coming and thinking of building myself a routine before then. I have never lived with a routine before- perhaps it's part of the problem?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Cascabel and Grindlow
Old 02-13-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!
This is Day 10 for me. Doing this cold turkey after a 3 bottle a day cheap wine habit. Used heavily for about 3 years.

Lord, Hold My Hand.
Init
Old 02-13-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome nit2winit

D
Old 02-13-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

day 11

Sober as can be sometimes I crave a beer but not much. My wife is happier and I am not that bad without beer. I hope that I can tackle this want to get hammered and just can have a couple with my wife here and there. If not it is nice to know that life isnt horrible without alchohol. I havent been this sober for a long time, and I hope that I have a lot more days like this, thanks for all of your thoughts. Heres to day 12.