Notices

Hungover Again.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Having spent time in the clinical field I know that sometimes a sliding-scale-fee is available for people that do not have health insurance. In general, substance abuse as well as mental health counseling is covered by the majority of health insurances; often times people will have to pay a co-pay. Most often this type of sliding-scale-fee is found winthin counseling agencies versus people who are doing individual counseling on thier own. It wouldn't hurt to simply ask.

I, however, totally agree with the fact that AA is free and available to everyone!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

We have private health insurance, my husband is self employed. I looked in our benefits book and it said not covered.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Mammy and Welcome!

You are certainly NOT a failure. It takes more strength to acknowledge a problem & deal with it than it does to ignore it.

I have one child, a daughter who turns 21 next month, who I raised on my own. Unfortunately for her, she was raised with a Mother who was a raging alcoholic for the first 18 years of her life. I wasn't there for her most times. Her teenage years, when she needed me the most, she couldn't get my attention. If she did open up to me, I was drunk and combative. I constantly embarrassed her in public by coming to school and sport functions drunk. I once peed in front of everyone at a soccer game. Yep, that's right. I dropped my drawers and peed. I was drunk at the time & thought it was hilarious.

I first became sober in January 2011. I never saw my daughter so happy. I did relapse 3 times. My last relapse ended just 47 days ago. Each relapse caused my daughter to trust me just a little less. She told me during my last relapse that she was terrified that alcohol was going to kill me and she'd spend the rest of her life having to tell this to people for the rest of her life.

My point in telling you is this: your babies need a sober Mama. They deserve it. YOU deserve it.

It's scary to get sober. I get it. But I guarantee it's worth it! Go to your meeting. Sit and listen. Cry if you want, many do at their first meeting.

You can do this. We all believe in you. We'd like you to believe in you too.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by Mammyof3boys View Post
You are right. Little guy is not having a great day with me, which isn't fair.
I don't want anyone from CPS to come here ever, I know what I have to do.
I didn't ever want anyone from CPS to come to my house, either. And then it happened. Last weekend. My kids are currently in someone else's custody and I can only have supervised visits with them. I have nowhere left to hide, and I am finally facing my alcoholism head on. There isn't anywhere left to turn. You don't have to live through a low-bottom like I am doing right now; try to learn from others experiences if you can.

That being said, AA has saved people from thousands and thousands of dollars of counseling/therapy sessions. I hope you put yourself first and get to one of those meetings tonight.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that sobreitygrl4-I hope you get children back soon. Can't imagine what you are going through. Thanks for sharing your story.I'm only 37 days sober but reading your story has really strengthed my resolve to continue. My son is 3 and can't imagine what you are going through. (hugs)
Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for your support. Sorry to hear all of this sobrietygrl4. Good luck to you.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Need a better way to deal with your problem beside drinking your problems aways. It's still going to be there when the fog clears up and you send money on something that is truly not healthy for you.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Mof3

Originally Posted by Mammyof3boys View Post
I don't know. I wish I knew what changes I need to make.
Reaching out for help is a *biggie* I think.
Noone really does this alone - noone I ever met anyway.

Sometimes I think we have to 'break cover' and ask for help...especially if our ways not working and we keep finding ourselves awake at 3am, heart pounding, head screaming, eyes filled with tears....

You deserve better.

You're not a failure - you're just addicted...like the rest of us.

It's *entirely* possible to turn your back on the past, have the life you want, and be the person, and mom, you want to be...

you can do this - but you have to make some changes and you have to take that first step

D
Old 01-14-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I do want to be the person you have described. I really do.