Notices

Class of December 2012 Part 3

Old 12-29-2012, 02:01 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Well..the winds blowing..its raining..its cold...

Im going for a run godamnit!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:58 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Missed a delivery yesterday as we were out, I was physically able to get up this morning and go get from the Post Office without worrying about getting pulled over, plus I took the kids with to give the missus some extra zeds. On the way back the kids asked to go to Monkey Business (big old indoor soft play warehouse) and my first thought was "no, too much time out of my day, need to stop and restock on the way back from the PO, can't drink in Monkey Biz and can't wait 2 hours drink free while you kids play" - this is 09:30 in the morning.

Second thought was, Hang on, not drinking so yes, why not.

Now sat in the cafe bit drinking tea, watching them play, listening to The Pixies and typing this!

Sometimes feels as though you're still in the cage but with your back to the open door - you sometimes need to remind yourself to turn around!

Old 12-29-2012, 03:36 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I'm up early here in the States - I'm finding I go to bed super early out of boredom and to stop myself from running to the grocery store and picking up wine. The bad side is that it makes the days really really long. I've got to figure something out for this boredom!

I just took the puppy out for a walk and it is raining out. I'm hope it clears up so I can take a walk later - they've been helping with the anxiety. Not sure what else to do today - maybe I'll go catch a movie. I've been wanting to see Les Mis ... And yes, I am one of those people who have no problem going to movies, eating out and traveling alone ... I usually prefer it. I know - strange!

I have some cinnamon rolls sitting in the fridge that are calling to be put in the oven. I'm resisting their siren call for now!

Hope everyone has a good day - I'll check in later!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Day 12. Baked yesterday and I am planning to cook more today. Funny thing it, I can't eat sugar - so I keep baking, but can't eat it. I am seriously going to have to start giving some stuff away or my BF is going to be huge! BF going out with friend today - already the thoughts have started - that I can go get some and he will never know. I need to stop that! We don't have the rain yet, but they are calling for rain/snow mix here - sort of matches my mood!

Everyone stay strong!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I am on day 2 today but thought I would pop along and see if I may join you? I have spent the last month or so having a day or two a week booze free to work up to leaving it altogether. I poured all the drink away yesterday morning. Feeling a little shaky (mentally - not physically) but am very glad to have found this site. Suspect I may be around here a lot for while.

Happy new year to you all, and thanks for being here.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hi Bernie, welcome and we'll done for dumping the booze, you'll find loads on here to help!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Welcome Bernie
Old 12-29-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I'm joining late, but determined that December is my month and this is my "class" Hi all
Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Hello Alice
Old 12-29-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

welcome bernie & ALice

Just been to the gym-only half an hour but better than nothing I suppose

Feel better already followed by a long steam was fabulous
Old 12-29-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hello :)

Hi there, can I join ? i've been sober since December 27th 2012, and i'm not sure if it's part 3 that i post on.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Welcome Newlifeforme
This is the right place
Old 12-29-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi NewLife, consider yourself joined!

Morning! 14 days in, went to a meeting this morning, I was shocked at how many people were there. It was great, a lot if old timers, I sat with someone who will have her 90 days on Monday. It is getting easier to go, I just feel awkward sometimes because I so shy.

Everyone have a good one!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Thanks ready for the welcome,
And Tam, i felt so shy too when i went to my first meeting, thought i'd join here instead, although the people were so lovely it made me look at myself so much, lots of stuff they said i could relate to. I'm too shy to talk and i felt as though i had to say something out of respect for everyone else sharing so much. But i couldn't. So i only went to 3 meetings and stopped.
I'm desperate to stay sober and will do as much as possible to stay sober, this site is very helpful. I've heard of something that i could get on my phone which encourages me to stay sober by telling me the days i have been sober, anyone heard of that?
Old 12-29-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I seriously have to find a way to sleep in later ... It's only 11:30am here and I've already done the housework, watched the news, read...Can't go out for a walk since it's cold and rainy. Oh my - it's only 11:30!!!! Must find something to occupy the rest of my day but I have zero motivation to go out. Sigh.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcomes! There is a party tonight that I was invited to, but am not going as the temptation is far too strong. I keep having waves of "oh go on, just this last time"....bad time of year to stop etc. Just trying to surf each wave as it comes! Not easy though.

Congratulations to those that have got the Xmas season, what are people planning on doing/dealing with New Years Eve? Sorry if this has already been covered, I am a late comer!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

"got through the xmas season.......
Old 12-29-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Think it's a wise decision to avoid the party Bernie

I'm staying home NYE,no interest in going to the pub/parties when not drinking. For me,avoiding situations where drinking is the only/main focus is critical
Old 12-29-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Well done on getting thru x mas Bernie!!
Yeah avoiding situations where there is too much temptation is a good idea. That's what i'm doing, but i find that i'm becoming a recluse and don't do anything with my time. New years eve is over rated in my opinion, double/triple time, que's, waiting (at the bar) is not my idea of fun.. even that in itself will make me want to drink, i have enough chaos in my head without adding to it!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Welcon NewLife & Alice