Notices

Class of December 2012 Part 3

Old 12-28-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Caffine, sugar, amazon and lists!

We all have so much in common! :-)

I also love crisps (or chips to most of you!)
Old 12-28-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you - I went grocery shopping yesterday and have already eaten half of it! I dont even want to mention the chips and ice cream!
My AV is also telling me - at least u didn't eat as much when u drank! Ugh!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lulu212 View Post
I'm right there with you - I went grocery shopping yesterday and have already eaten half of it! I dont even want to mention the chips and ice cream!
My AV is also telling me - at least u didn't eat as much when u drank! Ugh!!!
If it makes you feel better, even chips and icecream have more nutritional value for your body than alcohol and it wont be leading to long term health issues. Eat and enjoy! In my (big sigh) 31 days sober, I dropped back to my pre alcohol weight towards the end without any conscious action except not drinking. I say enjoy the food. Smother the AV in chocolate !!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

I can't have sugar - so I can't relate to the sugar cravings, but I have been seriously craving carbs - between the rice, potatoes and bread - I feel like I am on the anti-Atkins diet!! Actually making my own bread today - figured it would keep me busy for a while and stop me from going to do a liquor run. And give me more carbs to eat!

It is weird, physical cravings seem to have died down - but the mental cravings have gotten worse. AV has been really bad the last few days. Almost broke down today, but so far so good. Only 7 more hours until I can go to sleep and count this as another sober day.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Im in bed (8pm in uk) watching Lost, feeling sick!

Bleugh! Hope tomorrow is better and im a little less crazy!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Holidays over and routine back. Thats what we all need.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mittens2020 View Post
Actually making my own bread today.
Me too! What sort are you making? I have a lovely rye loaf recipe.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultrabunny View Post
Im in bed (8pm in uk) watching Lost, feeling sick!

Bleugh! Hope tomorrow is better and im a little less crazy!

Hope you get a goodnights sleep Ultra and feel better tomorrow! Sounds like youve had a rotten day!

Im just going to head off to bed now too with a book, my AV has been screaming at me all night so Im just going to hide under the duvet and try to forget about it. The shop (or should I say one of the shops) I buy my booze from shuts early so Ive managed to not give in temptation to stock up for tonight. Im going away tomorrow with some family (that dont drink) for the New Year so that should help me aswell. I drink by myself (mostly) in my house so Im hoping a change of habitat will distract me too. I might not be on here as much over the next couple of days but will check in if I can. Hope you all stay strong and have a happy and sober New Year X
Old 12-28-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Bed for me too,sleep well peace and ultra
Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Day 27, feeling grumpy and fecked off all this afternoon, much like everyone else by the sound of it, plus there's a couple of bottles left over from Xmas calling my name rather loudly, so took some advice from this thread and wrote a list! Which helped to shut the door on Mr AV, plus my liver area started aching abit and still is, which was a handy reminder of why kicking off another session would be a really stupid thing to do.

Off to feed the dogs and get some kip.

Stay sober this evening Stateside Class!

Hopefully tomorrow the rain will finally feckin stop and I can get the motorcycle out, always good for clearing the mind!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
AA Member

Wifi, you are amazing. How in the world do you keep up with where all we Decembrists are in our recovery? Methinks I've lost a few too many brain cells to do that, lol. Anyway, thanks for your well-wishes.

Another good day, ya'll (heck, these could be habit-forming!). Sixteen and 17 days ago, I was lying in bed all day, trying to feel better so I could get enough energy to go to the liquor store. I want to keep this memory very fresh in my mind, because it's a place I don't ever want to return to.

At this point, I would be very, very disappointed in myself if I drank. My husband is beginning to trust that when I get in my car and say I'm going to a meeting...that's exactly where I'm going...and that I will return from the meeting in the same (sober) condition I was in when I left. God is meeting me right where I am, and I am assured that He will do for me what I cannot do for myself. But by the same token, He won't do for me what He has equipped me to do. Sounds like a deal to me.

It's so nice to be amongst people who understand right where I am. Early recovery can be a lonely place without this kind of support...and with AA on one side and my SR buddies on the other, I believe I can continue to stand...despite myself, lol.

I appreciate each and every one of you.....We can do this, ya'll.

Kat
Old 12-28-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Good for you kitkat
Old 12-28-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Just found further motivation to stay sober, check out Table 1.

Worth a link in its own right for anyone in Dec Class.

Myths and Facts about Alcohol and Brain Damage

So I've possibly got another 34 days to enjoy being distracted, confused and irritable!

Drives home how long the road is and why raising your hand and asking for help is absolutely the best thing you can do!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hi guys just checking in 7 days now .keep reading the posts to give me the boost I need .
Old 12-28-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DogMum View Post
Me too! What sort are you making? I have a lovely rye loaf recipe.
You will have to send me your recipe. I just made a simple white bread for my first try - turned out pretty good. Going to have to experiment from here!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Made it through sushi dinner with honey without drinking. He nixed my suggestion of sake and skipped his Sapporo to show support. He is stronger than my AV, even when I'm not!
(Although he really missed the beer!)
Old 12-28-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NapsteR1 View Post
Just found further motivation to stay sober, check out Table 1.

Worth a link in its own right for anyone in Dec Class.

Myths and Facts about Alcohol and Brain Damage

So I've possibly got another 34 days to enjoy being distracted, confused and irritable!

Drives home how long the road is and why raising your hand and asking for help is absolutely the best thing you can do!
Great information in this scientific article. I was beginning to be afraid that my short-term memory is f***ed from drinking. Good to know it will restore itself.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hey Kids!

Wow - this thread has from earlier.

Belated - :day1 courage!

It's been a rather uneventful day with the rain and all while still under the weather. It sounds like we're still getting through the post holiday blues BUT we can approach 2013 on a sober note, right?

No matter how close you come to that drink, you didn't do it and came here to tell about it. That in itself is a major accomplishment.

I get a lot of pleasure reading through the posts and see the progress everyone has made. Almost a month ago I thought I was gonna die from the withdrawals and realized how disease ridden my body had become consuming alcohol on a daily basis; being totally worthless and unproductive; figuring out where I should buy my next 18 pk and hoping nobody called or stopped by. Seriously, is that any way to live?

Next time that evil AV is screeching at you, think of all the negativity that comes with alcohol.

Keep that smiling, sober attitude going on folks! :ghug3
Old 12-28-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
AA Member

Thanks for the informative article, Napster. It was comforting to me, but I am reminded - it is.......gonna....take a.....while to recover.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Morning all

Congratualtions on 28 days today Napster.It's raining here still-hopefully better further south where you are

Wifi-kitkat is right -you are amazing. congrats on day 16 kitkat

I love this thread too Cat-it does give strength,comfort and support. Especially when things havebeen rough over the last couple of days it helps to know we're not alone

Day 22.Not feeling great again,sore throat but mentally feel much better. Thanks for the link Napster, will read it now.

Going to take children swimming this morning,then visit my elderly mother who is ill and take her some supplies. Then spend some time reading.Has anyone read 'Rational Recovery-AVRT' Its very useful. I'm then going to start on reading some positive self help books to try and develop and maintain a more positive healthy mindset

Happy day to all