Notices

How are you doing today?

Old 11-02-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I understand WWG, truly I do. Often times, especially in early in sobriety, we feel as if applause are necessary but the reality is that we are really doing what is expected of us..not killing ourselves with booze.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nobshere View Post
I understand WWG, truly I do. Often times, especially in early in sobriety, we feel as if applause are necessary but the reality is that we are really doing what is expected of us..not killing ourselves with booze.
I agree, but I just wish she would give me some sort of validation of how I have been doing.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Mark75 View Post
Grumble.... Call me grumpy No power, phone, water... all that.

I awoke at 6:30, dark and cold house... I was lying there under my goose down sleeping bag, I slept in a different room than my wife (we keep each other awake if we don't have white noise, we weren't fighting, LOL)... I thought I will go to McDonalds and get a deluxe breakfast and get to the office and have some Starbucks coffee we keep there...

And then... no, I can't do that... I can't leave a cold house and no coffee for her... she doesn't know how to work the camp stove and her fire building talents are, well, she struggles, LOL... and the dog needs to go outside...

So, I thought, well, I'll start a big roaring fire and get a pot of coffee brewed and ready... i'll make me late to work, a little, but, that's what I gotta do...

So with the coffee in the carafe, the fire crackling, the dog all peed out... I go to tell her I'm leaving for work... She's not there, turns out she went in to work early, hours before she usually has to....

LOL

So I dismantle the fire, batten down the hatches...

Starbucks coffee is good stuff....
You're a good man, Mark.
That's a tough break. Hope the power comes back ASAP.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The only validation which is necessary is the validation you give yourself. If you allow what others do or don't do to affect you your sobriety will never have a firm foundation.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I too feel fine (F'd Up, Insecure, Neurotic, Emotional) but it's ok I'm not drunk nor plan to be.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I'm about a step away from snapping like a twig lol Ken, thanks for asking.

I take care of elderly mom with Alzheimers and it's been the week from hell. This morning was spent in the ER due to her dramatics-5 hours to be told it's arthritis and to take tylenol. She of course was fine the minute she got bored there. My hair is standing on end right now and there's no relief in sight.

If ever there was a day when I was tempted to drink it would be rightnowthisveryminute. It's taking a lot to resist but I'm not going near the bar.

If anyone asked me how I was I would probably say "fine"

Mark, hope your power is restored soon! Jeni hope the eye infection clears up soon-no fun!

Glad so many people are feeling fine (the real definition)
Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
If ever there was a day when I was tempted to drink it would be rightnowthisveryminute. It's taking a lot to resist but I'm not going near the bar.

If anyone asked me how I was I would probably say "fine"
Sorry for your present frustrations, FreeFall. Great to hear you've made the best decision going forward. You're the winner for it!

Old 11-02-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Not bad. Just like that.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I agree FF.

Frustrations suck but drinking never solved them. I am excited to start my sober weekend!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Spinning Sober

I'm grateful today. I woke up feeling much better than yesterday. I went to the noon meeting. I'm off work today. My body is trying to get used to my meds and that's ok. I'm going to hang in there. :-)
Old 11-02-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

doing pretty well :)

I am on day 3, yaaaaaaay! And i'm getting the car fixed that I smashed the last time I drank. I love reading everyone's replies on here and even though i've only posted once a day, it has helped so much to pop on here throughout the day and read the kindness shared between everyone as we navigate this intensely difficult journey. I love this site and i'm so glad I found it!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Welcome Rachelmichelle!

Congrats on day 3!

I love SR. I find I have made some great friends. The support I have received and been able to give is awesome.

Post all you want. Thats what I find helps me.

Ken