Notices

Good young mens (22y/o) programs around Kansas City

Old 10-26-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh and about an earlier post of yours Paperdolls, I

---->DO NOT WANT TO GO TO SOME FROU FROU RESORT REHAB<---

lol, which is partly what my parents are afraid of. (And I did offer "wanting to go to rehab" as an explanation for why I started using again once, which my naive parents bought--I guess like how gambling addicts don't actually enjoy gambling and just want to go to bankruptcy court; this thoughtless, addict blurb is not helping my case now that I actually want rehab).

I just don't see how getting babied and pampered at a resort would help me for the real world at all. If I'm going on vacation, I'd rather do it when I'm healthy and go with family or friends.

I want to go to one where it will be hard work, particularly physically, but also compassionate. I'm in no position to be picky though and it sounds like specialized programs are more the exception than the norm.

Last edited by stalln4x; 10-26-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 10-26-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Originally Posted by choublak View Post
You might end up having to create your own recovery program, by selecting what you like from various other programs. There are a lot of people who do that.
For me, this is a perfect recipe for disaster...I needed professional guidance and support. This almost tells me to "do it my way." Not meant to offend at all.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by stalln4x View Post
Oh and about an earlier post of yours Paperdolls, I

---->DO NOT WANT TO GO TO SOME FROU FROU RESORT REHAB<---

lol, which is partly what my parents are afraid of. (And I did offer "wanting to go to rehab" as an explanation for why I started using again once, which my naive parents bought--I guess like how gambling addicts don't actually enjoy gambling and just want to go to bankruptcy court; this thoughtless, addict blurb is not helping my case now that I actually want rehab).

I just don't see how getting babied and pampered at a resort would help me for the real world at all. If I'm going on vacation, I'd rather do it when I'm healthy and go with family or friends.

I want to go to one where it will be hard work, particularly physically, but also compassionate. I'm in no position to be picky though and it sounds like specialized programs are more the exception than the norm.
If you need to go to rehab then just go. Quit trying to find the 'perfect' place. It won't happen.

I wish you all the luck!!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks paper! Tomsteve, I'm in the mid-midwest but I'll hit you up if I end up at Hazelden lol.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Stalln, join chat if you have a moment...