Notices

Rock Bottom

Old 10-21-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

SnowDaisy, I'm so sorry for all you've been through and am sorry for your losses. You've got to find a way to get control back of your own life. Doing it sober and clear headed would be wise as you have a lot to resolve in the immediate future. Also, if you're dealing with court system, if you're drinking and hungover it will make a difference in how they look at you, and it won't be positive.

Your ex sounds like a jerk, but jerks only have power if we give it to them. He also sounds like someone who knows how to manipulate both you and the authorities so you have to outsmart him from here on in. I feel bad for his children to have been part of all of this. I can't think of any reason why you would answer his calls, or go anywhere near him. The reason why domestic violence isn't taken as seriously as it should be is that so many victims will not speak out against their attackers so there is no way to punish or stop the offenders. Please help to break this cycle!

I'm sure there are online forums for victims of domestic violence. You'll find support there and hopefully some empowerment so you will never let this happen again. Trying to protect a violent and abusive person is never a good plan.

Please stay safe-we are all pulling for you. You can turn it around!!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Snow Daisy,

I am so sorry for all that you are going through. We all have struggles, but you seem to have way too many to handle alone right now. Have you tried talking to a domestic violence counselor? Is there somewhere you can go that he cannot reach you by phone or in person?

I was looking at the Women in Sobriety website today and the thirteen things that their New Life Acceptance Program might be helpful to read. They might help you find the strength to deal with the may things you have going on in your life right now.

Sending hugs.