Notices

Damn, I stumbled again.. sighh

Old 10-09-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Meso here are a few things from your post about a month ago

Originally Posted by MesoFreak View Post
I am going to try an alternative means of recovery and see how that works. I will do many things that are probably advised against … I understand everyone is different in their problem with alcohol, and I do not advise anyone that cannot do as I do with alcohol to attempt my self-experiment.
I must confess that I was not optimistic that your “self-experiment” would work, so I suggested you have a “plan B”. You responded with

Originally Posted by MesoFreak View Post
@awuh1: Great idea. Plan B... I will think of one
I don’t recall you referring to any sort of backup plan since then. You seem to be starting another attempt at sobriety with little or no planning outside of anther resolve not to drink. Do you think this has much chance of working?

Meso please abandon “alternative means of recovery” and “self-experiment” and use a plan or method that has worked for others. Something that is advised? There are many examples refered to on this site. Pick one and give it your best shot.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

@awuh1, yah I abandoned that plan shortly after I failed... I think it was ten days also, lol Ten days I can't stay sober, and ten days I can't continue drinking without making an ass or injuring myself. I see were you are coming from about a plan; you can't get to where you want to be unless you have a map/end goal... honestly, I don't know were to begin with making a plan for this :/ Do you have any suggestions for me?? Maybe like a mock plan where I can gather ideas from

@Inda, lol, thanks for the reminder!!

@Freshstart, that AVRT seems like it will work for me, I just need to do my research on it.

@lilac, yah its tough to deal with, it may not even be the last time, but I hope to master those urges. I haven't drank ... but I guess its only been a day :P

@freefall, thats a good way of putting it. 10 days sober to 1 drinking is better than 10 drinking to 1 day sober.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Dont forget the most important thing Meso ...

No program works for you,,, You have to work for IT

And I have another post it for you... Dont drink today , even if your ass falls off

Old 10-10-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

The analogy of a map is a good one Meso. Without a map you are likely to be a bit like Alice.

Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to
Alice: I don't much care where.
The Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.
Alice: …so long as I get somewhere.
The Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.

You said that you think AVRT will work for you. Do the research and make it your map (if it suits) and embark.

Bon Voyage.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Meso,

Tenacity!

Its what we, as alcoholics, need sometimes. And you have it.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Meso, I'm glad you are here, glad you are posting.
I get to benefit from your thinking and the advice of others.

I have a thought for you (and me) in regard to that plan.
I think if we each took the best of our own ideas plus those that appeal to us here and write them down and then follow through today, we will be on our way.

For instance, I like the idea of braying like a donkey if that's what it takes. Also think it's a good plan to not drink even if my ass falls off.

Sounds funny, but I'm serious.
Make a plan, write it down, then DO it.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hang in there one day at a time. Today is a new day for me and I plan on staying away from any forms of poison they call alcohol. I am trying to see it the way it truly is. Poison in a nice looking bottle on the shelf. It's amazing how the people who sell it make soooo much money off this horrible poison. It is a trap. Today I plan to stay away from the poison traps. I only will worry about today. The poison will be waiting for me to pick up anytime tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hang in there. I just said a prayer for you! I know how you feel. You are not alone.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

be proud of the good days. You can do it!