Notices

Damn, I stumbled again.. sighh

Old 10-09-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Damn, I stumbled again.. sighh

Yup, I had two pumpkin ales, and half of one of my home made beers... man that sucks. I hear people getting to months, and I can't get past 10 days!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

That's too bad. Stick with it! I gotta say though that I would have a hard time making my own beers and trying to quit at the same time.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

^ I agree ..

Like I told you before, I worked for Boulder Brewery and made my own. Just cant be involved with it like that, and expect not to have some..

Stop worring about other people and their time. Focus on yours one moment after another.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Probably a good idea not to make your own beer when you are trying to stop drinking. I'm assuming you live in a shared house? It might also be wise to tell your housemates what your intentions are to perhaps avoid any pressure or influence in the future?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi guys starting my journey today.. I will not drink any alcohol this day.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome aboard Black

You have found a great place to start that journey..
Old 10-09-2012, 02:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember how hard it was Meso - and yeah it sucked.
I wanted change in my life but I wanted my life not to change.

I never found a way to do that.

D
Old 10-09-2012, 02:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Black
Feel free to start your own thread if you like and tell more of your story

D
Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Black, I wish you well on your journey! I am still working on my mine so I can't give you much advice as people like Dee, Inda, and others.

You know I didn't even want to write tonight. I wanted to keep it hidden from all of you... but I realize that is something my dad does; he hides his drinking but we all know he is drunk. I know you guys cant see when I am or am not, but at least I don't want to hide because that's when I think I will have the most problems. I rather say it, get tough love, supportive feedback, cursed out, whatever, but I don't want to hide. I will keep on trying until I succeed.

I really didn't think it would be so hard to quit while in college, but no, it totally is.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If I read your post correctly, you had 9 days without drink, one slip you regret, and are intending to resume not-drinking. Congrats on the 9 days, greater congrats on your decision to resume sobriety. I don't think that a slip is that big a deal if you treat it as just being that, a one day thing---where I would worry. or where I should have worried, is about those times I had a slip and and used that as a justification to continue drinking, like my days sober did not count for anything---the importand thing is that you got right back to recovery---just my opinion, of course, but congrats again on deciding to continue in recovery and not beat yourself up so badly as undermine the healthy work you have been doing. Have a good day and a continuing recovery, all the best----Rick
Old 10-09-2012, 03:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thats such a good but hard thing to do, is being honest. So well done !!!!

You just got to keep at it. And really keep trying new suggestions to stay sober. And little by little I think youll get there....

And never worry about telling on yourself, One you know we would not judge you or be disappointed. Because most of us have been down that dirty road for a long time..

I am so proud of you for seeing the problem so early in life..

Who care that its day one, techincally thats all we all have..

I love the line the person in the room with the longest amount of sobriety, Is who ever got up the earliest today..
Old 10-09-2012, 03:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You guys are awesome! Going to keep trying.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me and the only thing that feels real is not having a hangover. I want to beat this alchoholic demon inside me. I am sick of feeling this way. I just want to pull the covers over my head but I know I can't.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesoFreak View Post
Yup, I had two pumpkin ales, and half of one of my home made beers... man that sucks. I hear people getting to months, and I can't get past 10 days!
I was like this for two good years stop start stop start each hangover swearing it off until the next one a few days later.

It can be done, its not rocket science

Just dont drink, ride out the cravings stare at a ceiling be totally bored, run round making loud donkey noises whatever..ride it out, give yourself time to get to a place where you can begin to think that you can make it.

Good luck.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to you too Ericka - lots of support here

Like I said to Black, feel free to start your own thread

D
Old 10-09-2012, 04:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ericka View Post
Day 2 for me and the only thing that feels real is not having a hangover. I want to beat this alchoholic demon inside me. I am sick of feeling this way. I just want to pull the covers over my head but I know I can't.

I hear you, those demons are loud for me also especially since they whisper in your head where there's no where to hide. That why coming here helps, but I think I need help of others that don't drink in person. I wish you the best in your struggles, but at least we can struggle together here, and get support from those that are where we want to be
Old 10-09-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Demons? Whispers? That voice that tells you lies to keep you drinking, and lies to tell you to doubt yourself? That is the voice of your addiction doing everything it can to maintain its lifeline, that constant flow of alcohol.

You can keep on listening to it, but you don't have to if you don't want to. AVRT can help with dealing with this alcoholic voice we all have. Urge surfing is another tool. I recommend these ideas, they may just be the answer for you.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Meso, I totally understand. I had been sober for two weeks when my husband came home from work a week and a half ago and asked if I wanted to go get a beer. I said sure. Had 3 IPAs from a local brewery. They were delicious. I thought, "I can just have three..." yeah, well, I drank nearly every night since (my personal favorite, vodka) and then went on a total numbing out binge for the past four days. I'd say that it's progressive.

BUT don't beat yourself up. You fessed up and came back. I have also been in that pattern of not getting past 10-14 days. I was almost too ashamed to come back. Glad I did, because I realized that I am not alone in that pattern. Thank you.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

You had a whole lot more sober days than not. That's a good start. You can make it for more than 10 days! Just keep trying and you will succeed
Old 10-09-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hey Buddy

Just posting a reminder for you today... Dont drink, even if your ass falls off

Hope your doing well today