Notices

First Meeting was great

Old 10-12-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Meeting was great

I left my appointment and made it to the meeting s few minutes late. It was s women's only close meeting and they were wonderful. It was great to hear their stories, and struggles. When it was my turn to share I cried. Three women I didn't know got up to give me hugs and tissues, and I got a huge round of applause after I cried my way through what I wanted to share.

I am going to see s counselor once w week through my insurance, and also attend four weeks of education classes through them. They gave me a prescription to fill in case I need help with detox, I am going to fill it and only use if I need it. The doctor also prescribed a medication that helps 1/3 people with cravings for alcohol. Again, going to wait and see.

Tonight I am going to enjoy spending time with my children, think we are going to do a make your own pizza night, and then tomorrow I am going to do a race with my sister in law. Thank you again for all of the support, I plan to be on the site throughout the evening.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Glad to hear it Delilah, meetings are a wonderful thing for beginners all the way through old timers. This place can fill the gaps.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hey Delilah,

I am really really glad you enjoyed your first meeting. It also sounds like you are making a lot of positive steps in the right direction. The compassion you find in these meetings is really hard to explain to someone who has never experienced it. Hopefully you continue going to them. Did you get loads of phone numbers when the meeting ended?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

cool beans!!! keep goin back. AA gave me a great solution and has been a blessing.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you have a good plan, Delilah.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You sound like you aren't messing around with this Delilah1....that's awesome...I love seeing that.....This is serious business and you're jumping in with both feet....I'm glad you made it through the meeting....Check out a few different ones...Find the one you like the best....You'll meet some great people.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

congrats Delilah!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

They gave me a list with a ton of phone numbers and email addresses. I have been researching meetings that I can go to. I figure between spending time with my kids, going to meetings, reading, exercising, journaling and this website I won't have time to think about drinking. I suppose working full time will consume quite a bit of time as well.

Thanks for all of the supportive comments, they really help!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I am so proud for you! I did everything I could too, and like you whatever it takes I will do. I started this journey a little over two years ago and thanks to folks like you reminding me of how great it is to be newly sober, I am still sober. Don't break the chain!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

AA has been a Godsend for me. I dont think I have ever left a meeting where I didnt feel better afterwards.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

afraid of the "first meeting"