Notices

i want a drink

Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ca3726 View Post
Thanks everyone. I got through the urges. I distracted myself with t.v. and thought about how much I would regret drinking. I think the hardest thing for me is that I hang out with my sister every day after work, and she is still drinking. She doesn't get out of control like I did, and I know drinking or not drinking is a decision she has to make for herself. Its just hard to see her with 3 or 4 drinks when I am having cravings. I guess I probably need to change up my routine and find other things to do in the evenings. Anyway, thanks for all of the support, I needed it badly tonight.
Changing your routine will probably help. Those hours after work were always my toughest time of the day. I used to pass them getting light-headed on wine. Now I spend them at the gym.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Hate to say it, but you might want to avoid hanging w/ the sister in the evening for a while. I am at 4 months and I wouldn't want that temptation around me every day.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What kind of drink do you want?.. Do you want a beer or vodka?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ca3726 View Post
I'm on day 12 and this is the first time I've really wanted to drink. I mean, I really, really want one. I had a really stressful day and I'm tired and wound up and I just want to relax. I know all the reasons not to do it. I could really use some encouragement right now.
im sorry your day was stressful. But if you break your sobriety you're gonna feel even more down on yourself for having to start all over from day 1 again

STAY STRONG!!