Notices

Have you ever

Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Have you ever

wanted to drink because you were so upset by the things you've done while drinking? What the hell kind of irrational notion is that?! Today I started to make a list of all the terrible, stupid things I've done while drinking and it just makes me want to drink more, so I don't have to deal with my own stupidity, which is stupid. Sigh. This disease is a real bummer.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Klia View Post
wanted to drink because you were so upset by the things you've done while drinking? What the hell kind of irrational notion is that?! Today I started to make a list of all the terrible, stupid things I've done while drinking and it just makes me want to drink more, so I don't have to deal with my own stupidity, which is stupid. Sigh. This disease is a real bummer.
Why don't you write a list of all the positive things you can do and achieve whilst sober?

Don't dwell on the past It's all done.

It's your inner voice telling you to do it - ignore it :P
Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sugarfix View Post
Why don't you write a list of all the positive things you can do and achieve whilst sober?

Don't dwell on the past It's all done.

It's your inner voice telling you to do it - ignore it :P
Yes, that's my next list. I wanted to make the negative one as an alcohol deterrent. Because I really love to drink and I know how terrible it is for my mental health. And it doesn't matter how many hangovers I suffer through, I'll just keep drinking if I don't beat a clear path starting now.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do the Math.

Drinking to forget the Stupid and Embarassing things you did while Drinking is like Smoking Cigarettes to Cure Lung Cancer. Plus, my list would be so long I would never get to the end of it (and that's not including the stuff I can't remember during Blackouts).
Old 09-17-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad that you using SR more Klia :> Lovely photo by the way!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Past is the past. Can't change it, can't delete it(let me know if I am wrong on this one), can't forget it.

So... We have today. Tomorrow is just that. When I stopped drinking and took that option totally off the table today I didn't do anything drunk. Did I make mistakes, YES. BUT they weren't out of control ones.

Sober today is SOOOOOOOO much better than trying to live in that cycle. SOOOO much beyond the drinking. Life is just better all the way around. My mistakes today are little and my good decisions are Awesome!

AG
Old 09-17-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Yep, it's a vicious cycle..... I didn't even realize how much alcohol affected me until I'd been sober for a good number of days. Everything was so hard when I was drinking and I thought it was just me, when in fact, it was the alcohol.

It's hard not to feel the guilt/shame at first, but it really does get better each day you stay sober. Remember, all we have is today (this minute, really) and all we can do is make better choices moving forward.

You've already taken a huge step, so give yourself some credit for that!