Notices

Considering sobriety...

Old 08-14-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the new responses. It really is helpful to hear from folks who have had similar issues in the past and had wished they had done something at my age. I've always been fairly good at making positive changes in my life once I realize I have an issue.. when I got on a scale for the first time in years and realized I had gotten fat, I stopped eating junk and lost all of the weight I had put on. when I realized my drug use wasn't fun anymore and I was needing to blow lines in school bathrooms to get through the day, I stopped doing drugs. when I was failing all of my classes and realized I would get kicked out school unless I did something, I started studying my butt off and ended up with fairly good grades. I've tried for many years to ignore the lingering thoughts that I have an alcohol problem because I know once I acknowledge it I'll have to try to deal with it. The thought of not having alcohol scares the crap out of me way more than not having french fries or cocaine but I think my drunk self is starting to scare me more than the thought of not drinking. Thanks again for all the support!