Notices

I have so much will

Old 08-14-2012, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have so much will

I am back after a long time, but for the first time I get it. There is no social drinking, there is no if I stop for a month, I'm ok. I am an alcoholic and if I don't stop it will get worse and worse.

I've started going to meetings and have found a couple that are really comforting. I am trying to get out of my own head because I find myself saying that I'm not in the same place as some. Anyway, I am committed to getting and staying sober. Any prayers would be great!
Thanks!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I am back after a long time, but for the first time I get it. There is no social drinking, there is no if I stop for a month, I'm ok. I am an alcoholic and if I don't stop it will get worse and worse.
WoW , thats amazing

Prayers to whomever may be listening for you, M
Old 08-14-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome! We do what we do until we cant do it any longer. Keep posting. We are all here for you.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back

Getting over those thoughts that we can 'just have one' because we've been sober for X amount of time, or that we 'deserve a treat' because we've lasted so long is essential, I think, in long term sobriety. It is so counter-intuitive, really, to believe that we should be treated with the very thing we are avoiding for good reason.

I'm glad you figured that out keep going... and don't ever let that commitment waver.

All the best to you.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice post! Sending prayers...
Old 08-14-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sometimes we truly have to experience things ourselves before we fully understand them; its part of human nature. Wish it weren't so.

With this realization, you are now in a much stronger position for success. You go, girl!

Like you, I have that head game going on, feeling different from other alcoholics in terms of the amount I drank and the way it affected me. Truth be told, we are all different, while there may be some similarities, there is one common denomination; we cannot drink like "normal" people and if we continue to drink the downward spiral will continue and eventually kill us. Just as each of our paths to alcoholism was different, so will be our journeys to sobriety. What is important is the end goal, not how we get there.

Keep your eye on the prize! You and your girls deserve it.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to see you here. Glad to see you get it.

Don't make the mistake of comparing yourself to others. I did and almost went out again. My drinking career was worse than some and better than others, but it was my career and my life. It was who I was that needed changing.

As SlimSlim posted here, your journey to sobriety will be just as different from mine as your journey through alcoholism differed from where I went. That being said, because there are so many of us, there's bound to be someone out here that has the answer to what you, specifically, are going through at the time. All you need to do is ask