Notices

Just cant

Old 07-26-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Hi BB, The doin it on my own method did not work well for me, and I bet I made more than 100 attempts. Saying (out loud and to another human being) “I need help” was a major part of getting the help I needed. I would consider seeing your doctor and leveling with him/her about the problem. That would be a good start.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for the tips!

I'm going ok ... It's all I can think about right now but just going min by min
Old 07-26-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Can I do the 12 steps online??
Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are awesome! Not wanting to post stuff on here and doing it anyway is badass! I was so tired of jumping back into the hamster wheel of active alcoholisim. Every time I was sure it would be different. Maybe I just needed to come at it from another angle. Maybe if I drank between set hours of the day I could control it. Maybe I can not drink for a period of time proving I'm not alcoholic..and on and on. Then I would get a few months sober start feeling good and think maybe I over reacted...I don't need to go to meetings. And I'd get drunk. Or I would be so miserable in sobriety that I had to drink. The only thing I have done in AA with perfection is I keep coming back. It gets better. Just stay.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Originally Posted by Beerbottles View Post
I'm not sure I want to tell anyone...I'm hoping I can do this without having to expose myself... Probably silly
Just get started any way you can. Not telling anyone now is alright.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That's great that you told your husband I'm glad you have that support.

You don't have to tell anyone else but I think support is vital. I know that I have found having people to talk to who get it a godsend. Like people at SR Could you post here more? Join the class of July thread (If you haven't already).

If you want help without having to go to meetings have you looked into AVRT? That really helped me. Or there is the Allen Carr book Easy way to stop drinking. Stuff like that could really help if you are going it alone.

All the best x
Old 07-27-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you! What is AVRT?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

You can find information about it (addictive voice recognition technique) in the Secular Recovery section of the main forum page. Here is the link. Secular Connections - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 07-27-2012, 02:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Addictive Voice Recognition Technique. The book for it is called Rational Recovery: The new cure for substance addiction by Jack Trimpey. Or if you google it there is a crash course you can do online. I did that on day 1 and it helped me loads x