Notices

Just cant

Old 07-26-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just cant

I can't beat it...

4 days .. 4 days...

I have EVERYTHING going for me.. Great job starting next week as a serious professional yet I can't beat this..

I had 2 beers today... Just don't even want to exist..
Old 07-26-2012, 04:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

existing is exactly what i was doin when i drank. when i hit the point of desperation and the pain of getting drunk exceeded the pain of reality, i made the choice to get help. that was when, without realizing it, i conceded to myself that i can fix me. i wanted help. so i went to AA. i got the BB, went to meetings, did what the BB says to do, didnt drink in between and today i am no longer existing. ii am living!!!

i sure hope you also make a decision to do whatever ya gotta do to stop drinking and change.

prayers yer way for the strength and courage to change.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can't beat it...

The 1st step of AA is admitting you are powerless over alcohol . . .

Sounds like you're there. Why don't you check out some AA meetings in your area? If your going to start work as a "serious professional" you are going to need to be on your game. You've got to get alcohol out of your life to do that. I've found a couple of meetings in my area made up "professional" people, doctors, lawyers, college professors, and some business owners who are multi-millionaires. Alcohol doesn't care what you do for a living, it just wants your soul. I did a short medical detox a few years ago and the doctor who treated me told me about AA meetings to attend in my area and shared some of the one's that he goes to. You're not alone in this.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I drank because I was an alcoholic. I couldn't stop without the people in AA. I have tried so many times, beer and wine kept calling me back to it. When people in a group are working for the same goal, making that goal is much easier. I am also working the steps.

I had to put my EGO (Easing God Out) aside and get into the Will of my Higher Power, the strength of my Higher Power is what is keeping me sober today.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks ... I dunno I just don't want to be around... This is scary to admit but I traced my veins with a knIfe....

It's not dramatic... I'm just being honest..
Old 07-26-2012, 05:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Beerbottles,
Another one that got sober with the support of AA and this forum. You sound pretty low in need of a psychic shift. it's taking me ages to write this, I am trying to be both sensitive and helpful. Let's see, give AA a fair go or any program for th at matter but throw your heart and soul into it and I can guarantee there will be a shift.
All the best
CaiHong
Old 07-26-2012, 05:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're thinking of self harm please do get some help beerbottles....and please do take the time to look through this links...these readings here as well as hotlines and other information to get help should you feel you need it.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

As far as recovery goes - the fact you're here posting shows me you want to change...all you need is to find the right backing and make the right changes

I don;t know what you've been relying on so far, but I know I found just wanting to be sober wasn't enough - I needed some help, and I needed to make some changes in my life....that helped tip the balance for me

There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around - here's some links to some of the main players & resources:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/102276-recovery-programs-resources-information.html#post2273689

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

Don't give up, beerbottles

D
Old 07-26-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Meh over it .... Out
Old 07-26-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon beerbottles.
Hope to see you around here more too

D
Old 07-26-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Please don't feel meh Beerbottles

I understand why you would feel that way but a lot of it will be the alcohol. I felt like I was drinking under duress for the last few years, and even though I often didn't drink a vast amount it still managed to suck the will to live out of me. It is amazing how much better things get when alcohol is out of the picture completely. What sort of help have you been getting? There is a surprising amount of help available to us but it is difficult to summon up the energy to find it sometimes. *Hugs* x
Old 07-26-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day. 1 ... Again !

So here I am again! Sick of me yet?a bit repetitive isn't it!

Isn't it funny that I felt the need to celebrate how aesome I felt from not drinking with drinking! Go figure

Anyway, day 1.. Thanks for your support
Old 07-26-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Have you got any other support Beerbottles? x
Old 07-26-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Keep your head down and concentrate on what you can do for your sobriety today. Practice sobriety every day. Write down what you're feeling and why you think you're feeling it. Good, bad, indifferent. Knowing yourself and gaining better understanding about your emotions will help your sobriety. Don't white knuckle it by ignoring how you feel. Good luck again and keep working on it!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I havnt told anyone... One big fat dirty secret :/

Although I did tell my husband this morning not to let me drink as I want to get healthy. That's a step for me because he'll be pretty strict keeping me in check..whereas before he just thought I was having a casual beer
Old 07-26-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

a lot of us celebrated a run of sobriety by drinking again...I certainly did..I kept hoping something had changed...but it never did.

Good to see you back beerbottles

D
Old 07-26-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Are you comfortable keeping secrets? If you're not, come clean. It'll be a relief and the weight will be off of you. Don't let guilt and secrets keep you prisoner.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Beerbottles View Post
Although I did tell my husband this morning not to let me drink as I want to get healthy. That's a step for me because he'll be pretty strict keeping me in check..whereas before he just thought I was having a casual beer
Having your spouse support you is good step in the right direction. Stick around here at SR, read, post, encourage others here with their sobriety, all of that is a healthy endeavor for you.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm not sure I want to tell anyone...I'm hoping I can do this without having to expose myself... Probably silly
Old 07-26-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Checking in...
Old 07-26-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

How goes it?