Notices

question

Old 07-04-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by desertsong View Post
Rojo, you don't even know what your eternity is. You could be dead today. Or tomorrow. Nobody knows how much time they have on this earth. So we take things one day at a time. Yesterday is gone. I don't even know if I'm going to get a tomorrow. So I make the best of today. All this rambling intellectualizing only confuses your situation ... if you're an alcoholic, then you're an alcoholic. Apparently, some people think you are. So do something about it. Get rid of the booze - it only confuses things more. Then look at your life with a clear head and ask yourself if that life is better than a life swimming in alcohol. I think your answers will come pretty quickly.
Its been a damn week. Id likee and answer now. I cant handle another week of DTs.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Rojo, if you're convulsing / having DTs, it's a medical emergency and you need to see a doc right now. Please call 911 or have someone take you to the ER.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Are you drinking now, Rojo? If so, I'd say get yourself to a doctor or ER as soon as you can. You don't have to go through DTs and you don't have to have a horrific detox - there are plenty of ways to get help. I did home detox twice, but my last one was bad enough that I needed a hospital detox. Don't be embarrassed, don't be ashamed .... just go. Your life is worth it. They will give you some drugs that will help you get smoothly through the detox without horrible withdrawals. Just remember that afterwards, the rest is up to you.

Do you have a recovery program in place? AA, SMART, AVRT, counseling, something? Let's make a plan for you. You can do this.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by rojogonzo View Post
To be sober.
Pretty great, isn't it?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

An ER will medically detox you safely, rojo if a rehab facility isn't avaliable. I've had to go that route once. It's expensive but hospitals are good about working with you on bill repayment and it's worth your health and safety.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
~sb

I'm unpacking boxes from 11 years ago. Yeah, I prefer today over that hell!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Gonzo...hello my fellow jersey... I ask myself the same question all the time.. I come on here and I am better able to stay sober, I go to meetings and I am able to stay sober...I go it alone and I am seriously f***ed... I can't stay sober alone, that is why I am here. Although I don't think sobriety is the next best thing since sliced bread yet it is something I really want...sometimes I just have to do the next right thing and don't question because that just gets me in trouble...Goodluck!!