Notices

Can we all share some positive?

Old 06-20-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

About a month after I quit drinking my 7 year old grandson thanked me for not drinking any more. I found that odd and asked him, "Where did that come from?" He answered with a shrug of his shoulders then said "You're more fun now and your breath doesn't stink, except for the smoke." At this point he rolled his eyes and left the room. I had to laugh and that's when I realized, I had forgotten how to laugh and that if you need a reality check, ask a seven year old they are brutally honest.

I found humility, and the ability to see good when things seem the worst.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I take such pleasure in caring for my dogs now. Before, I was careless, they got slipshod care, not my best. But now I'm doing all they need and want to have a happy life.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm grateful to be at home with my 8 year old daughter (who doesn't start camp until next week), and not be drinking in my study, telling her if we want to go out we can only *walk* to the park.

I'm also grateful to be able to walk our dog sober, meet neighbors along the way without feeling anxious and paranoid and squirrelly.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

For me, the best thing about being sober is not having to worry about ever getting into trouble as a result of my drinking. I have more embarrassing stories than I can count (most of them told to me after the fact because I don't remember them) and I never have to worry about having another one. I don't have to worry about ever getting another DUI! I don't have to worry about explaining to my wife why I got wasted last night. I don't have to worry about my baby boy growing up with an alcoholic father and I don't have to ever worry about how I might damage his life as a result of my drinking. I love that I'm clear headed and that I can enjoy life simply through my own devices and not through the tainted lens of alcohol!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Finding God ....again.
Finding peace, joy, fun, & time.
Losing anxiety, depression, self-loathing, shame, guilt.

Alcohol=misery
Sobriety=contentment
Old 06-20-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

For me, it's being in a healthy relationship that is growing stronger over time. All my other relationships were downward spirals from the start, with the first month about all any of us (usually the gf) could handle.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

My positive is that where i used to not be able to imagine a day where i wasn't at least buzzed (lets face it, i was falling down drunk by night and passed out most of the day) now i can't imagine a day where i have the luxery of getting buzzed. The idea of my head getting sloshy and me feeling tired just doesn't hold that old "good" feeling. I like being productive. Even if i don't do much, i set my mind to it, i did it, i remember it and i did it sober. I have pride at the end of my days, not regret and my mornings hold real hope, not words on the wind.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I sleep so much better now.
I have the energy and desire to take my kids to the park.
I physically feel SO much better.
Knowing I'll never have another drunk idiot story again!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I've been in unidentified pain in my liver area for about 2 years. I did have testing done and found to be ok, but when I drank was suffering tremendously. Since stopping drinking, the pain has pretty much disappeared!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:27 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

You definitely save an S-load of money.