Notices

Relapse...rinse...repeat

Old 06-08-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Lady Blaze

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Obviously something is watching over you...Don't even worry about that right now. Maybe look into that site...Call a couple...Explain your situation...Maybe you BF can take you to look at one....You have to do something...What you're doing now will never work...Not until you can tell yourself NO...No matter what.
I agree. Maybe if I explain my situation I can get some help...
I know I have to do something and that what I'm doing now isnt going to work.
I stayed sober for 5 months three years ago... so I know I can do it... It's just a matter of learning everything over again. Learning how to tell myself no, no matter what, without even considering saying yes.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WarriorQueen View Post
Learning how to tell myself no, no matter what, without even considering saying yes.
It's a lot easier to do that if you don't have the stuff for free in your face all day...I didn't attempt to get sober in a bar with complimentary drinks....You know what I'm saying?
Old 06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

drugs...I never want to use them again... but for some reason I keep doing it even though I hate them. :/
That's the insanity of addiction, WQ.

I do believe in a HP. I will pray that you break free of this cycle.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi, I can relate. Prayer really helps, meditation. Dont give up we can do this
Old 06-08-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'll be praying for you too WQ...That's about all I can do.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know I have to do something and that what I'm doing now isnt going to work.
You can do this - I'd start working from this ^ WQ - if we really want change in our lives, we make the changes

D
Old 06-08-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Lady Blaze

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...
I know that there is something out there watching over me... Something made me wake up that one morning and go to a AA meeting even though I never considered going to one. I ended up going to 3 a day some days... that was when I was staying out of town with my bf while he managed a store temporarily. Something has kept me alive many times that I should have died.
I know that to change, I alone have to make the changes... I dont know where to start making the changes other than to find a better living situation. That really scares me...I want to start working on myself too... I just don't know how. I desperately want to be free of this. Drugs really do steal your soul... I never thought I would end up like this.
But tomorrow, I begin day 1 again. Im not going to quit quitting.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Do you have any other extended family members who aren't addicts/alcoholics who you could live with? Grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, family friends...
Old 06-08-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I want to start working on myself too... I just don't know how. I desperately want to be free of this. Drugs really do steal your soul... I never thought I would end up like this.
Alcohol did to me what drugs are doing to you...It stole my Spirit...My Soul. You want to work on yourself?...Get your Soul back? Get a sponsor to take you through those 12 steps. It'a a Spiritual experience...It wakes up your Spirit. I have no reason to BS you about this WQ...It works...It really does. The obsession to drink/use lifted?....That was a miracle for me. If I could tell you to do one thing in your life....That would be it.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

theres a high probability that that power out there put you in the AA meetings before so a seed would be planted and you would know where to go today.

I keep having a little trouble with the spiritual parts of AA and NA... Its hard to keep faith when you've lived in hell for your whole life

isnt it funny how the trouble is one sided and the trouble is only on our side?
ya gotta start and thats good.
heres a way to look at a higher power:
think of a fart. you cant see it, but you know its there.
i think you are experiencing this. you know yer higher power is there, but yer not feeling it? from this side of the computer, i am seeing your higher power at work for ya.