Notices

Relapse...rinse...repeat

Old 06-08-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Lady Blaze

Originally Posted by oldsoul1122 View Post
There will always be times and places when there will be no support and you'll need to rely solely on YOU. Along with SR I use Rational Recovery for the the "addictive voice" that's always wanting it's drinking pleasure....If you go to the website it has a Crash Course. It only takes a few minutes to read. And that I do daily. Some people use that along with AA...Sober since this April 21...relapse is not an option (although your addictive voice will tell you it is)... Glad you are with us.
I'll look into Rational Recovery. Great job on staying sober!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi ((WarriorQueen)) IMHO the answer you are seeking comes from within. It took me three years to realize that. I waited and waited for help ...it never came, until I put one foot in front of the other and helped myself. I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink/use. When I realized that I reached out to any source available. Most of the help came from SR...I was ready to listen.

There are AA meetings online, lots of fantastic advice and experience right here. SMART RECOVERY helped me so much with my cravings. I was the one pouring the alcohol down my throat.. I had to be the one to stop.

I'm glad your here and reaching out...

Best Wishes To You!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

First of all, WQ, you are here. You're talking about it. Posting about it. That's a good thing! That's a step in the right direction. You've acknowledged you want to quit. Good for you! You're asking for help. That's a huge step, WarriorQueen.

And that's one tough environment you're living in while trying to stay clean/sober. Please take a moment to look at your last few posts on this thread with an open mind and see if you can find one little tiny workaround to the roadblocks you've discussed.

I can think of dozens of workarounds, but I'll give you one. You said your boyfriend is willing to take you, but wants to attend the meeting with you. Why? For support? Is he trying to control the outcome? Or is does he think you're going to say something about him to the group that he wouldn't want others to feel? To feel like he's helping you? Whatever the case, tell him you appreciate his willingness to help (drive), and that he can help best by driving you and letting you attend on your own.

Do your parents know you are trying to quit? If so, are they supportive?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You can do this! You can find a way!!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I don't see how you can get clean where you are...Maybe you can look into this site...Make a few calls....Does your BF have a phone?...Does your BF support you on this?...Anyway...There has to be a better way.

Athens, GA Shelters, Homeless Housing, Halfway Houses, Housing for Low Income
Old 06-08-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Lady Blaze

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
First of all, your posting here shows me you want to quit, and you are looking for answers. For that you should be commended. But you are in a challenging mess.

Please don't get defensive. We only see what gets posted, by you, and maybe we leap to assumptions, but everyone taking the time to respond to you would love to see you kick this addiction to the curb.

However, you are in a situation with some pretty screwed up dynamics. From everything you are telling us, the only option you have is to say, "No!"

How is that working for you? Not good. You are going to have to think outside the box. As long as your list of "can'ts" is longer than your "cans" you are going to be struggling mightily.

You HAVE to get out of your current situation. We can't tell you how to do that. But as long as you are home, with enabling parents, and access to drugs, I foresee big problems. It is easy for me to say, leave. I'm not in your shoes. But YOU have to do something. Establish bounderies where your mom doesn't give you drugs no matter how much you beg, threaten or curse.

I didn't mean to get defensive, but so many people have told me that before that it kinda pushes my buttons. Sorry guys! :ghug3

I know i need to get out of this situation. They are killing me with stress as well as drugs... I constantly worry. My dad is abusive. I'm scared he'll hurt my mom if I leave. I wish I could leave... They are really holding me back.

My mom knows I have a drug problem. I've asked her before to not offer me any kind of prescription pills. She still does it though... She doesn't really understand addiction. I've tried explaining but she doesn't want to hear it.

My boyfriend says I could live with him, but I can't pay his mom rent.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WarriorQueen View Post
My boyfriend says I could live with him, but I can't pay his mom rent.
Maybe you can work it off some how?...Could you get some kind of job while you are there?...Tell her how desperate you are...I imagine you're going to be sleeping in the same room as your BF...How much can she charge you?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Lady Blaze

Originally Posted by opivotal View Post
Hi ((WarriorQueen)) IMHO the answer you are seeking comes from within. It took me three years to realize that. I waited and waited for help ...it never came, until I put one foot in front of the other and helped myself. I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink/use. When I realized that I reached out to any source available. Most of the help came from SR...I was ready to listen.

There are AA meetings online, lots of fantastic advice and experience right here. SMART RECOVERY helped me so much with my cravings. I was the one pouring the alcohol down my throat.. I had to be the one to stop.

I'm glad your here and reaching out...

Best Wishes To You!
I definately want to be sober more than I want to use. I don't even like the way the pills make me feel anymore...

I am more than ready to listen.

I'll look into SMART RECOVERY too.

I keep having a little trouble with the spiritual parts of AA and NA... Its hard to keep faith when you've lived in hell for your whole life...

I'll see you at the meeting at 9?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I keep having a little trouble with the spiritual parts of AA and NA... Its hard to keep faith when you've lived in hell for your whole life...
I think that's the one thing you should be trying to keep right now. I really think your priority over any program you are going to work should be...Where can you live where people aren't handing you drugs....It doesn't matter what program you pick...None of them will work...If you have them handed to you...And you can't say no to them. Simple.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Lady Blaze

Originally Posted by crewisms View Post
First of all, WQ, you are here. You're talking about it. Posting about it. That's a good thing! That's a step in the right direction. You've acknowledged you want to quit. Good for you! You're asking for help. That's a huge step, WarriorQueen.

And that's one tough environment you're living in while trying to stay clean/sober. Please take a moment to look at your last few posts on this thread with an open mind and see if you can find one little tiny workaround to the roadblocks you've discussed.

I can think of dozens of workarounds, but I'll give you one. You said your boyfriend is willing to take you, but wants to attend the meeting with you. Why? For support? Is he trying to control the outcome? Or is does he think you're going to say something about him to the group that he wouldn't want others to feel? To feel like he's helping you? Whatever the case, tell him you appreciate his willingness to help (drive), and that he can help best by driving you and letting you attend on your own.

Do your parents know you are trying to quit? If so, are they supportive?
My bf wants to go to the meetings in an attempt to be supportive, I guess. He wants us to work on me together or something. He doesn't understand that the only thing he can do to help me is to be there for me emotionally.

I cant see any workarounds... I guess its a "too close to the forest to see it because of the trees" sort of thing for me.

My mom knows I have a drug problem, but I haven't discussed quitting with them because they are very unsupportive.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Lady Blaze

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I don't see how you can get clean where you are...Maybe you can look into this site...Make a few calls....Does your BF have a phone?...Does your BF support you on this?...Anyway...There has to be a better way.

Athens, GA Shelters, Homeless Housing, Halfway Houses, Housing for Low Income
My boyfriend does have a phone and he at least tries to support me... He doesn't really help much though...
I will definately look into that site. Thank you!

My bf's mom would charge me around $200 a month for rent.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

My mom knows I have a drug problem, but I haven't discussed quitting with them because they are very unsupportive.
My first addiction was to methamphetamine. If I was still a crank addict, lived at home, and my mom had meth, I wouldn't be discussing quitting either.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I look forward to seeing you there Warrior. Yes, at 9:00pm!

:ghug3
Old 06-08-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Warrior. And hang in here (SR). I think you need a big hug of encouragement :ghug3
  # 35 (permalink)  

My bf's mom would charge me around $200 a month for rent.
To sleep in the same room as him?...Or you get your own room? Does she know what kind of situation you are in?....I don't think I have ever heard of someone with more things stacked against them than what you are dealing with. It's mind boggling.
  # 36 (permalink)  
Lady Blaze

I think that's the one thing you should be trying to keep right now. I really think your priority over any program you are going to work should be...Where can you live where people aren't handing you drugs....It doesn't matter what program you pick...None of them will work...If you have them handed to you...And you can't say no to them. Simple.
I know that no program will work if just being handed drugs and I'm not strong enough to say no...

I'm not sure how to regain faith once its lost... I desperately want to believe that there is something out there that can "restore me to sanity" and take away my desire to use... but more than that, I just want to believe that something is watching out for me and that no matter what, I'll be okay. You know?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Lady Blaze

Wink

To sleep in the same room as him?...Or you get your own room? Does she know what kind of situation you are in?....I don't think I have ever heard of someone with more things stacked against them than what you are dealing with. It's mind boggling.
Yep. Thats for the same room. She knows about my situation. My bf pays her $250 a month for rent.

I'm just lucky, I guess.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm not sure how to regain faith once its lost... I desperately want to believe that there is something out there that can "restore me to sanity" and take away my desire to use... but more than that, I just want to believe that something is watching out for me and that no matter what, I'll be okay. You know?
Obviously something is watching over you...Don't even worry about that right now. Maybe look into that site...Call a couple...Explain your situation...Maybe you BF can take you to look at one....You have to do something...What you're doing now will never work...Not until you can tell yourself NO...No matter what.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Lady Blaze

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
My first addiction was to methamphetamine. If I was still a crank addict, lived at home, and my mom had meth, I wouldn't be discussing quitting either.
It's more that they just wouldn't care and wouldn't be helpful than I don't want to cut my supply. I want the drugs gone. I never want to use them again... but for some reason I keep doing it even though I hate them. :/
Old 06-08-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Yep. Thats for the same room. She knows about my situation. My bf pays her $250 a month for rent.

I'm just lucky, I guess.
She sounds like a real prize.