Notices

Class of May 2012 Part 2

Old 05-20-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thumbs up My disease won the battle but not the war

Without further ado, this is my first day sober.

I'm new to SR and really like it. I would like to stay current with this board. Some good people and good posts here. I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Picked up a 24 hour chip at meeting today. Guess how my day was yesterday..today I'm sober
Old 05-20-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome michael4422 and welcome back brdlvr

D
Old 05-20-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks for the post btw, Lee

D
Old 05-20-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Welcome Michael! I have to say I spit my water while laughing when I saw your icon. I love it.

brdlvr - Welcome back and congrats on 24 hours, it takes guts to keep going and not just say **** it.

2magnolia - That house sounds beautiful. Hope you have a good day working on it and it sounds like a great way to keep busy.

FP and Hitrockbottom - Congrats on days 8 and 9

My lease is up in august but I am working my best to break it and get out as soon as possible. Last night was horrible they two of them got trashed and were running around yelling and breaking stuff. I only got about an hours worth of sleep because they kept waking me up and then they decided to cook what smelled like dog food. I am so cranky today and I have so much work to do but I don't have the energy or the concentration for it.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Diez de Mayan

Day seventeen and feelin' keen! (winks at FrenchPink).
Hey everybody, sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been busy working from home (transcription) and going to AA meetings. I *almost* asked a lady to be my sponsor last night but chickened out!

I did get another phone number though of a woman who plays violin and keyboards (like me) only she gets paid for it. I thought it would be nice if I could get good enough to help her out once in awhile, though it would probably take me at least a year to get up to speed, I am so rusty. I have had my violin in storage for over a year now. I belonged to a fiddle group which was slowly turning into a drink beer and eat pot brownies group. So I had to leave and put my violin in storage. I am ready to play again and start lessons with a new teacher.

I am going to AA meetings almost everyday and keeping my eyes and ears open for a sponsor who can take me through the steps.

Someone mentioned "Vistaril" and I am taking that for anxiety instead of Ativan now and it really does work. It is an antihistamine and you can be on for up to 4 months for anxiety. It is non-addictive. Some days I don't take it at all, some days I take 1.

Chiyo, you mentioned you ''tried AA'' and it didn't work. Did you just go and sit at meetings or did you do the steps with a sponsor.

Many people think that AA is just sitting at meetings. It is a 12 step program. The meetings are only one of 3 facets which are Service (helping other alcoholics when you have done the 12 steps) Unity (fellowship of the meetings) and Service (setting up meetings, working with newcomers and sponsoring people once you have done the steps).

I think I would go insane if I did not have my meetings to look forward to going to! I really enjoy them, especially my home group.

But to each his own! Hope everyone is enjoying a nice Sober Sunday. I'm leaving for a meeting in a bit then heading to the grocery store to get some lox, whipped cream cheese and rye bread...yum! Also I got a blender and going to get some fruits and yogurt to make a shake of some sort. Going to look up some recipes now.

Stay strong sober sobertons!!!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flickedhisbic View Post
then they decided to cook what smelled like dog food.
roflmao!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by seahorse207 View Post
Someone mentioned "Vistaril" and I am taking that for anxiety instead of Ativan now and it really does work. It is an antihistamine and you can be on for up to 4 months for anxiety. It is non-addictive. Some days I don't take it at all, some days I take 1.
That's me and that's exactly how I take it. When I sober during Real Attempt Number One (this is two), my doc prescribed it and I took it every day M-F at 4 pm...which chilled me out enough during the last hour of work to drive in the opposite direction of the bar. Works.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by seahorse207 View Post
heading to the grocery store to get some lox, whipped cream cheese and rye bread...yum!!
don't forget the capers and red onion!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

just a reminder guys about meds/supplements, treatments -

whats worked for others may not work, or be suitable, for you...always ask your pharmacist or Dr, and read the label first

D
Old 05-20-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hey guys and gals, I think one of our team mates is in trouble. Not sure what happened. Weasel1966 left post titled "mmm". Check in with him if you know how.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi guys just checking in, it's the end of day three and I'm LOVING being sober. I can't remember the last time I went this long without a drink. Had sunday lunch with the family and sat in the sun with them all afternoon (while some of them drank :P) then went to the cinema with my girlfriend (lot's of adverts for booze haha) great day. life is beautiful and so are all of you. How soppy is this post continued good luck to everyone and well done for being sober! x
Old 05-20-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Fdm

Rock on, Easyrider!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I'm new to the thread, and it looks like I'm also one of the more newly sober members. At the end of today, I'll have four days under my belt. I've had much longer periods, but then I'll convince myself that I can just have a drink or two and be fine. Health problems are cropping up like crazy, and I want to feel content again.

I'll continue checking in with all of you. It's helpful to hear about people in the same position. It sounds like everyone stayed productive over the weekend (<--That's my first time using animated smilies!)
Old 05-20-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome copacetic

D
Old 05-20-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Fdm

Yeah, welcome Copacetic. Good folks here!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hey Vinyl, haven't heard from you since Friday. If you are reading pls drop us a note to let us know how you are doing!

Stay connected and stay strong!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Good evening, Class of May! A big welcome to all new joiners. This is THE place to be for the most phenomenal support.

Congratulations to all of us who made it through this weekend sober. For those just starting out or starting again, high fives all around for making the right decision.

Clear head, full of energy, accomplished so much this weekend, slept well, and no hangover to medicate. The week ahead will be a breeze.

Great job, everybody. Have a lovely Monday.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I'd like to join the class, please. I've been following you (good job...); count me in. I'm not a big poster/sharer but I think now is the time to be more involved.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Having a very hard time fighting right now. Just trying for seven full days of sobriety.