Notices

sitting in my hotel room - sober, anxious

Old 04-21-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Nobody deserves to be treated that way SnowDaisy. I know it's hard (because I've been there a couple times myself) but you will find your feet, and when you do, you'll be able to walk away.

Great job staying on SR and not going down to the bar!! You'll never find your feet if you're drunk, lol

Hang in there, we're all behind you!!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

It's a new day, and I hope another sober one for you. Check in and let us know how you're doing!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good luck. All of the advice above is excellent. I'm in a hotel room too, and it's day 7 for me. The longest I've gone in 25 years... I have absolutely no desire to drink. I"m so happy about that. I'm reading good books on recovery and enjoying the peace. Much luck and love sent your way. xo Danica
Old 04-21-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Good on you for not getting drunk. I hope that one day soon you are able to set healthy boundaries in your relationship and break what sounds like your unhealthy relationship with your partner. Being alone can be scary but being abused is awful. We tend to be comfortable with what we're used to whether it's what's best for us or not. Sometimes, breaking out of our comfort zone is what's needed. Isn't that what the drunk entering sobriety is doing? Take your time but consider really evaluating what the relationship is doing for you and if it's what's best for you. I wish you all the best and hope for your happiness.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Aww c'mon, SnowDaisy! Read the responses to your previous post - I felt that I wrote a decent reply to that one. Once again, the more I hear about that guy the less I like him. I am sorry, but I "just don't think he is that into you". Which, in the big picture, is lucky for you. Marry him? Rarely do jerks like that act better after marriage. If he is on his best behavior now, I hate to think how he would treat you if you got hitched. You deserve better. What ever you do, don't drink over him.....nothing is worth that, especailly someone like that. (Yeah, I know I sound hateful....I am not....I just hate to see someone that is loving to be treated like this....I have had lots of experience with this, by the way.) Tell him to get lost.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Snowdaisy, how are you? I confess I looked you up to see if you had been around. Sorry that you had to deal with this last weekend and I hope you remained sober. I am on day 13 today. I myself have been in bad relationships that I've stayed in way past their prime because I'd been drinking. The constant binges / inability to control it kept my self-esteem down low enough where I thought that what I had was all I deserved. I do think staying in this relationship will be a detriment to your sobriety, but I also think if you take charge of your drinking (or not drinking, rather) with time will come a stronger more confident you that would never stand for this crap. Sorry if this is hard to hear. You seem like a positive and smart person that has been (only) temporarily side tracked by your alcohol binges. I think you can conquer this, in fact I know you can. I did and I am.