Notices

New, detoxing right now. Need help?

Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Did you tell them that you wanted to detox when you were at the hospitals? Maybe they just assumed you were going to go out and keep drinking, or else did they know your drinking history?

I really think you have to find some way to have a safe medical detox -- it sounds like it's been way too risky trying to do it on your own. Don't lose your life over this.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I detoxed at homein feb and was sober almost a month, the one doc was ready to check me into inpatient rehab on the spot. I have a six year old part custody and her dad would sue and id lose her forever. There are some nights I don't drink at all, usually when I have her. I binged before this detox and here I am, the docs all know and are disgusted
Old 05-03-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you end up in the ER 4 times in 3 days, and you're adamant you can't go inpatient, I doubt there's much the staff can or will do BBE.

What are you gonna do about it tho?

you need to think about what changes you are prepared to make I think - obviously drinking is not working for you.

If rehab is out - are you open to AA, or SMART, or AVRT, or counselling?

D
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well i just looked at the discharge form and because of my hands cramping up and them thinking maybe seizures, they took my license by calling state police. Now im really depressed, i was ready to go back to work and start anew. I have a little girl and am a single mom with no income, really need help and advice. The only reason i avoided inpatient was because her dad would sue.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well if you keep going like this she may lose you anyways. I know you want to avoid inpatient but I'm afraid you will die trying this on your own. You have an awesome rehab facility in Pa. and they offer scholarships. At least call and talk to them. Drug Rehab & Alcohol Rehab Services in Pennsylvania & New York | Caron Drug & Alcohol Treatment Centers. Your daughter needs you alive and healthy. You can always go back to court for custody of your daughter. I wish you the best.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I am on day 5 and feeling fine, just a ton of depression and crying spells because getting help from a hospital cost me my license.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're sober.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:28 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

behindblueeyes, you could be hyperventilating especially since you are so stressed and your nerves are running very high, your body can act out stress in alot of ways.....I know after my mom passed my nerves were shot, and I was having trouble breathing and it felt like my hands were getting stuck with hundreds of pins when I exhaled out and I felt like I was on the verge of passing out..I was miserable!, this went on for a year, they did breathing test(the lady was so sweet)She asked me had I been stress,I told her everything my mom and aunt passed within days of each other my husband fell broke his neck and back. She was so wonderful she told me what was going on because of the stress, come to find out I was hyperventilating (shallow breathing) but if you get real bad your hands will cramp up bad...when this happens lay down flat and take very deep breaths and blow hot short breaths do this like 20 times and do it in a calm manner..I hope this will help you. When I feel it in my hands or lips tingling I take time out and breath....I google this for you hope it helps... Hyperventilation or overbreathing is the state of breathing faster or deeper than normal,[1] causing excessive expulsion of circulating carbon dioxide.[2] It can result from a psychological state such as a panic attack, from a physiological condition such as metabolic acidosis, can be brought about by lifestyle risk factors or voluntarily as in the yogic practice of Bhastrika. It often occurs together with labored breathing, which, in contrast, can also be a response to increased carbon dioxide levels.

Hyperventilation can sometimes cause symptoms such as numbness or tingling in the hands, feet and lips, lightheadedness, dizziness, headache, chest pain, flexor spasm of hands and feet,[3] slurred speech, nervous laughter, and sometimes fainting,.....I had know exaggerated systems to another person that could tell, only I could tell by the way I felt.....I hope you get feeling better try really hard to calm yourself which will help greatly..please take care I would also mention this to your doctor, maybe it will help you if in fact this is what you are experiencing, ...they can easily miss this one..it took my doctor a year. It is worth a shot to talk to someone about it.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Blueyes - I don't understand how your license could be taken away when you weren't caught driving while intoxicated. They can't just assume you were, as far as I know. You have to be stopped (caught in the act) & charged by a police officer.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Yep call someone in the program they will get you to the ER.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

They can if you have a seizure. You then in most states have to be seizure free for year before the DMV will let you have it back.

Glad you are still sober. Hang in there.