Notices

New, detoxing right now. Need help?

Old 04-17-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Behindblueyes
Welcome to the forum. It seems you were getting support from AA in your town, so what happened? why did you stop going to the meetings?

This is a very crucial time for you now, reach out. if I got a phone call from you I would not mind at all, in fact it would be an honor to be of some service to you.

Do whatever you need to get through the withdrawals. The hurtful things that people say are easier to overcome when you are sober and following some program. You will have the tools to get you through this and change your life around.

CaiHong
Old 04-17-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm new to recovery, so unable to offer any advice I'm afraid just wanted to say you are in my thoughts and I wish you well x
Old 04-17-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with the others that now would be a great time to reach out BBE...i know from experience the longer you stay indoors, the harder it is to get out...

D
Old 04-17-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I would reach out to AA. This is important and those numbers are given out for emergencies.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much

Day 4.. well my car has been in the shop and failing inspection. This is the worst day because they took it overnight. My meetings are Thursday night. I can't walk in this town because police are constantly on people harassing them *especially me, i was hit by a car while walking* I am sure I would be cited or at least thrown in the car. I was ok today but now anxiety is hitting hard. I can't stand not having a car, makes panic attacks worse.

I went to a church rummage sale with my mom today (another alcoholic but functioning) and had to run out of the church to almost get sick. I told her I am detoxing and she thinks I have the flu, denies my alcoholism. I had my friend come over and take my BP yesterday, 170s/90s, twice.

The ER I live close to has seen me and laughed at me so many times. Once, I awoke to a nurse making fun of my seizures. I refuse to go.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can you call the local AA office - if you want to go to a meeting, you might be able to get a lift?

As for the ER - nothing more important that your life, BBE.

I'm not a Dr - I have no idea of your clinical history or what meds you may or may not be on but that's generally a pretty high reading.

I suffered a series of mini strokes in my last unassisted detox - I wouldn't wish that on any else.

if I needed medical assistance, I'd go.

D
Old 04-23-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Went into DTs

That night I lost my internet connection, I was going thru severe severe withdrawals. I think it was night 4 zero alcohol. My blood pressure was so high, I was hearing music nonstop I couldn't shut it off or get another song in my head like I usually do. I started seeing faces and was paranoid and delusional.

I was in the chat room when the internet shut down. I was disconnected and entirely alone with no car to get to the ER so I ran for the beer. I had exactly two. I went to the doctor the next day and my BP, which had been 170s 180s was 118/90.

I am realizing I can not detox without a treatment center. I had a brain bleed (basically stroke) at age 23 and I really could've died. I am severely addicted and only started drinking at 25! I am 30. I don't get how this happened so fast! I am now "stuck" on two a night to keep the crazy voices I was hearing away, I am also trying for disability due to the car accident and they deny people for alcoholism so the ER wasn't an option. Thanks all, Im ashamed and back in this pattern.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Glad you are still alive....What are your plans?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My regular AA Thursday night meetings until I can figure out how to kick this. Weaning seems like the only way. I was even hallucinating looking at the smileys on this webpage.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

What about getting safely detoxed?...Any way you can do that?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have a seizure disorder and live alone. I have benzos on hand but they didn't even work for detox. I don't know how many to take. I REFUSE to go to that hospital, if you read back on my story you can see why (drunk girl is back here, she always shows up because she's wasted/falling off bar stools).
Old 04-23-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'll take your word on it...What about Salvation Army?...They may offer free detox and rehab in your area...It might be worth a call to them.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Here you go...Try this number.

The Salvation Army: Adult Rehabilitation Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Treatment Centers Directory Drug/Alcohol Addiction Rehab
Old 04-23-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks for your help, I actually live 40 miles away from downtown, there are some great hospitals down there.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Give them a call....Tell them your situation and see what they can offer....It can't hurt.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

See if you can find a number on here close to where you live. Talk to somebody...Maybe they can arrange to take you to a meeting...Explain your situation...I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you.

Pennsylvania A.A. Meeting Contacts - Pennsylvania A.A. Meetings
Old 04-23-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
~sb

How are you now?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I am always in the chat rooms, I am struggling, I have PTSD due to the car accident and almost dying. I am ok for now. Happy to be alive. Grateful for this website and all of the people on here. I am going to go into chat now. Thank you all so much.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Glad you are alright...See if you can get yourself some face to face support.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Well I ended up calling 911r four times in three days. I am shocked that the two hospitals I went to did nothing but stabilize me and release me. I am now on ativan but hands are cramping and im confused. Im with my friend who is a nurse but she can't babysit me much longer. Plus her and her boyfriend are fighting at 1am upstairs and I want to jump out of my skin. Why don't hospitals take me seriously?