Notices

good morning

Old 04-03-2012, 03:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rachel

to start a thread - go to the main forum page
Newcomers to Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

and hit the big blue button at the top left hand side of the page

then write your post...
D
Old 04-03-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Computer Experiment..Gone Bad!

Smile

Hey CC, Like your outlook...open and truthful

You asked for comments so that is all they are "comments" not judgement in any way.

Originally Posted by coming_clean View Post
dear admin,
This is no advice for others, just tools that work for ME.
However, if you think this is too much,. Notify me then I will delete the spiritual helaing part.
In my opinion what ever tools work for you man! Others use AA, AVRT etc etc these are also just tools that work for them. The key is just stay sober period!

I've got a date with a girl who knows i'm in this....situation...for the rest of my life. She doesnt drink smoke do drugs whatsoever.
I've been phoning, texsting, emailing, chatting, camming for weeks now, so when using too, but I just told her on.....LOL the 1st of april i'm struggling with addiction my whole life.
Wow, a date? Very brave move this early in my opinion. Nothing wrong with companionship, we all need a hug often. But to start a relationship of any kind other than text support or simple hug is risky for both of you, again just comments...

I could use some comments on this...AA literature says it's not wise.
However im the type of guy that's a bad listner, and does things anyways if his hart says so...she knows bout the detox and such..somehow she doesn't run away...but she told me never to hold back about this stuf again ....
I can only speak from my experience and not any literature from any program. As a professional 20 yr alcoholic I evolved a dual personality.

When sober, very quite, spoke only when asked. Was honest and understanding.

When drunk or detox, I am what a labeled a "used car salesman" I just need to hustle the next sucker that walks on the lot, tell them anything they needed to hear just to make the sale, this would include my wife, mother and grandmother if I could just make that next sale.

So with that said. Until you have a long history of sobriety, you might just as well be a "used car salesman" making the next sale. Don't know just comments...........
Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~sb

what do you mean about "At first I pushed her away saying homewrecking is not my style." ?

Whatever you do, keep your sobriety first. Emotions can often lead us back to drinking.

Enjoy life!
Peace,
Old 04-03-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BillyPilgrim View Post
For my two pence. I told my gf. She was shocked for me it was a co#k on the block thing. If I mess up once she is off. I know that. As Mr cash says I walk the line
Seize the day. Carpe diem. You get one life. But know the consequences
dear Pelgrim,

I've tattood 'carpe diem' on my wrists.....

three years ago
Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
what do you mean about "At first I pushed her away saying homewrecking is not my style." ?

Whatever you do, keep your sobriety first. Emotions can often lead us back to drinking.

Enjoy life!
Peace,
well....she was breaking up......
Told her that's a thing she has to do on her own.....
Not on my back....

same as I tell her about addiction...

And I cried and screamed alone.

We all have our own battles to fight...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BelizeDiver View Post
Hey CC, Like your outlook...open and truthful

You asked for comments so that is all they are "comments" not judgement in any way.

In my opinion what ever tools work for you man! Others use AA, AVRT etc etc these are also just tools that work for them. The key is just stay sober period!

Wow, a date? Very brave move this early in my opinion. Nothing wrong with companionship, we all need a hug often. But to start a relationship of any kind other than text support or simple hug is risky for both of you, again just comments...

I can only speak from my experience and not any literature from any program. As a professional 20 yr alcoholic I evolved a dual personality.

When sober, very quite, spoke only when asked. Was honest and understanding.

When drunk or detox, I am what a labeled a "used car salesman" I just need to hustle the next sucker that walks on the lot, tell them anything they needed to hear just to make the sale, this would include my wife, mother and grandmother if I could just make that next sale.

So with that said. Until you have a long history of sobriety, you might just as well be a "used car salesman" making the next sale. Don't know just comments...........
It not cocky about the date....

I'm scared ********....

CAuse i'm starting the like her....

This brings up all kind of questions about my addiction about myself about....everything...

however...
It would be a shame...if I ignored my hart, and wake up an old man and with the realisation I never reached out for the stars...
I'd rather die trying..and i'm pretty serious about this.

i'm a boxer/martial arts guy for a huge part of my life now....
I know what's it's like to go into the ring...knowing it's impossible to win...and do it anyways....and win....
And/or get KO'd LOL.....

Not everything is always up to ME alone....sometimes u just gotta fight...

doesn't know if this makes sense,
Old 04-03-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I found a way...I worked on me....At nine months I'm still working on me...I screwed enough people's lives over in my drinking career....At day five I was still in detox.....I wasn't playing the field.
sorry for my bitterness earlier....
I asked for feedback...and I got it.

i'm in this recovery game bout 8 years now...three of them together sober, maybe four....

I've written thousands a pages of reflection...i've talked with shrinks, with addicts, with sober addicts, with munks, with buddhists, with sinners and saints...i've tested myself on ADHD, ADD, Autism, Borderline, what not.
I've prayed i've cried and cursed god and the universe, only for the next day to embrace them as my parents...I worked on this each and everyday...with will and determination that not many have matched so far...

Im cursed and blessed with an IQ en EQ that....are just.....too much lol

If I didn't make any progress....aside from the relapses...but as a human being in general...

I really am not worthy of living in the first place....and I should fall back into oblivion for all eternity