Notices

help

Old 02-26-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm wondering the same thing..
Old 02-26-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Any pharmacists on SR that can provide some insight on protocol when it comes to this situation?
Old 02-26-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

You go to that meeting tomorrow....You are going to meet some real nice people....They will want to help you...You might want to throw this by one of them you feel comfortable with...There will be a lot of experience there.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

do your replys go out to other people or do they have to look on here for them? I am new here and the more people who can help me the better.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

There may be somebody here that knows about this....
Old 02-26-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
You go to that meeting tomorrow....You are going to meet some real nice people....They will want to help you...You might want to throw this by one of them you feel comfortable with...There will be a lot of experience there.
Can they tell on me if i tell them what I did?
Old 02-26-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Can you hang out a bit?...Hang out all night if you want...Let's see if we have any feedback from someone here with some experience on this.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scaredneedhelp View Post
Can they tell on me if i tell them what I did?
Nobody knows who you are...You're OK. Safe.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Yes I can. I need to go make my son some lunch but I will keep checking back in. I hope somebody can tell me something. I honestly just keep waiting for the police to come knock on my door.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Make him a nice lunch and relax...It's alright.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey Scared -

If your faith is where mine is, then I hope I can help you see the upside in all of this. But let's deal with some of the difficult conversation first. A pharmacy get's thousands of scripts called in everyday. Of those thousands, I'm sure they come across a ton that are illegit. To be honest with you, that is just not their problem. They don't want to participate in it - but following up and getting you in trouble is a bigger waste of their time than yours. I can't tell you how many prescriptions get called in that aren't picked up, that aren't followed through with scripts, etc. All the pharamcist really cares about is that they get paid, they don't get in trouble, and they make their honest living. In your case they stopped the transaction - mission accomplished. To be very honest, I am not sure they care if that prescription is ever filled - that's the patient's worry not theirs. As to legal advice, there is very little downside with that except for maybe cost. With any luck, you may have a lawyer friend you can call who can talk you off the ledge, but me personally - I am not all that worried.

Now for the upside. My faith in god is very very strong. I also like you believe that you can't only turn to God when you need him, you have to walk with God. But to your point - here is what you did right. You acknowledged the hipocracy of only praying when you needed him (her/him...). That is what God is going to acknowledge and give you credit for. None of us are perfect, that is a privilege reserved for him. But we can realize the flaw of our ways and correct them going forward. I would bet that from this point forward, you won't only turn to him when you need him....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Guess what, there is more. You have started your sober walk. If all it took was this scare to right your ship - holy cow, you have been given a gift by God. I think you have also reconciled that for your son not only are you terrified of going to jail, but you are willing to do anything including get Sober (clean). You seem to have found a bottom rather quickly - that is a gift. Read on, on SR, and you will see many horror stories. God has spared you - he has given you a glimpse of what's at risk, and you took his hand and walked straight. Bravo!!

There are few things we have control over, but you need to take comfort that if you approach life from this point forward honestly and cleanly, then whatever the outcome will be, you have done your best to ensure its "positive" success and outcome. Maybe tomorrow you go to a meeting, and share your story, and help the next person get clean, if for no other reason than to avoid the fear you are experiencing now.

Best tof luck!
Old 02-26-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi, scaredneedhelp. I don't know anything about prescriptions or pharmacies and the law. I do know sometimes it takes a really scary event to wake us up, and as awful as it seems, later on we look back and thank our stars that it happened—because it was the thing that motivated us to take action and get sober.

As Sapling said, try to stay calm. What's done is done, and the future hasn't happened yet, so try to focus on today. And today you need to look after yourself—be mindful of any withdrawal symptoms, try to get something to eat and get some rest.

The moment we quit is, almost by definition, the lowest point of our lives. Or at least it seems that way when you're in it. But I promise you, no matter what happens with the prescription, if you go to NA tomorrow and stay on track you will one day look back at this as the event that quite possibly saved your life.

I'm the parent of a young one, too. Take strength in the knowledge that the effort you're making now will set the stage for a happier, healthier life for you both. It really will get better—a lot better.

Welcome to SR.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hello Scared!
I am glad you reached out, that was very brave. I am glad you haven't had any nasty withdrawal sx. Relax, you didn't kill anyone! Forging scrips is BAD NEWS, i am kind of glad you are freaking, you should never do that again but it seems like you know that. Maybe this is your bottom, your wake up call!! I know i have done stupid things while intoxicated, you are not alone in that!!!! All is well, moving forward now. Are you ok?? xo
Old 02-26-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Honey ... just BREATHE. I too, was a Vicodin addict about 20 years ago. Hurt myself in a horse accident, fractured a couple of vertebrae and was on the Vico's for pain (back then, docs prescribed them like candy). Within a month, I was addicted. Started combining them with alcohol to increase the effect and 6 months later, my roommate found me on the floor. Long story short, I spent 3 days in a psych unit getting detoxed from the Vicodin. I never went back (although my alcoholic journey continued, sad to say ...)

If you want to get them out of your life, you can. But you need help to do it. NA can help but if you are still actively addicted, a medical detox might be in order. Your usage is pretty high and you might need help with the withdrawals. If you're committed to stopping, then STOP and you know from your medical training what signs to look for if your withdrawals are becoming a problem/dangerous.

By the way, both of my parents were alcoholics and I swore I'd never end up like them. Well, hello ... working on my fourth attempt at sobriety over the last year. It's not your fault, but it IS your responsibility. You can do this. We can help you. Glad you're here.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Scaredneedshelp, this is a great place to post and get help. I'm glad you're going to NR, you've got to stop taking pills NOW! Addiction makes you do things you would never dream of doing, like forging a script. Put the work into being sober and being a good mom and you won't be sorry. Keep posting and reading.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

If you kept trying to have the scrip filled over and over, it would probably raise a red flag and you would have reason for concern. I don't think you do with just a couple of times. That being said, STOP doing that, or you will be in deep sh*t!

I was addicted to oxys so I know what you are going thru as far as the addiction side of it. Don't start again, or you'll be right back where you are now. Hang in there, you can do this!!

God bless.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your posts. I really want help and I know I can do this. In a way i think getting caught could be a good thing because from what I have been told the court can offer a lot of help on becoming clean my downside is that in order for that to happen I will have to go to jail and my son will have nobody while I am there.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

As a " just in case" scenario, who can you call to keep your kid? Scary stuff! Hugs!
Old 02-26-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MentalLoop View Post
A pharmacy get's thousands of scripts called in everyday. Of those thousands, I'm sure they come across a ton that are illegit. To be honest with you, that is just not their problem. They don't want to participate in it - but following up and getting you in trouble is a bigger waste of their time than yours. I can't tell you how many prescriptions get called in that aren't picked up, that aren't followed through with scripts, etc. All the pharamcist really cares about is that they get paid, they don't get in trouble, and they make their honest living. In your case they stopped the transaction - mission accomplished. To be very honest, I am not sure they care if that prescription is ever filled - that's the patient's worry not theirs. As to legal advice, there is very little downside with that except for maybe cost. With any luck, you may have a lawyer friend you can call who can talk you off the ledge, but me personally - I am not all that worried.
That's kind of the way I was looking at it too. These people that work in these pharmacies aren't detectives...I figured no fax...Probably the end of it...And like what was said....could just be a wakeup call from higher above.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I want you to me a favor....You keep checking in here...If you have any questions about the meeting before you go...Check in...When you get done with it...Come here and let us know how it went...Deal?