Notices

help

Old 02-26-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I dont have anybody who could keep him thats the problem.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scaredneedhelp View Post
I dont have anybody who could keep him thats the problem.
Don't worry about that for now...That's worse case scenerio...Which will probably never happen....Lets concentrate on you getting to a meeting tomorrow and getting some help. This is a great site...Hang out...Do some reading...Ask any questions you have and welcome.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I keep thinking about it. I wish I would of went and got help weeks ago before I went and did something dumb like this.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think most of us regret things we did - but the past is done.

The important thing is to focus on doing the right thing today and from now on

D
Old 02-26-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

The internet can be a very bad thing at a time like this. I keep searching what can happen to me. I wish I could just call the pharmacy and see if they called the doctor.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Do NOT call the pharmacy
Old 02-26-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I know not to but atleast then I would know.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Don't drive yourself crazy...Do a little praying...Make yourself a cup of tea...Watch a funny movie...Put your mind somewhere else. Even just reading threads here...You worry all night and you're going to drive yourself nuts...
Old 02-26-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

i keep trying that but it isnt working. I wonder how long it will take before I know if thee is going to be anything to come of this. I hope somebody at the NA meeting tomorrow knows something about this or has done something similar to what I have done. Are there any pharmacist on here who could offer advice?
Old 02-26-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I don't know about here...But I'd bet you'll have a pretty good chance of finding someone at that meeting tomorrow that does....You'll meet some good people...I have quite a few NA friends that come to my AA meeting too. Hang in there. This is a good lesson for you...You don't need to go through this again...Learn from it.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
BHF

I don't know anything about the policies and procedures of pharmacists regarding fraudlent prescriptions, so I can't advise on whether it's likely you will/won't get in any legal trouble for that.

I can tell you that it's pretty useless to contact an attorney at this point. An attorney will not be able to assist you until, and unless, criminal charges are filed. You very well may be able to find an attorney who will agree to represent you if such charges are filed, but they'll want a retainer fee up front, so it's a waste of cash right now. If it does happen, each state has specific judicial diversion statutes which allow for charges to be dismissed after completion of some form of court ordered treatment/therapy and/or probation. This means incarceration (as a sentence) and a criminal conviction is diverted. A good attorney should be able to work out such a deal if necessary due to your lack of a criminal history.

Are you still working in the medical field? If so, I suggest that you contact your licensing board and ask for information concerning the state's medical assistance program. If you want to get clean/sober and stay in the good graces of your professional licensing board, they are the people to reach out to. I don't know the specifics for the medical profession, but I know that there are different programs for nurses, doctors, etc. I also know that in my state all inquiries and consultations with them are confidential. They are there to help you. You do not have to mention any of this to them.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but I just wanted you to know that while it is a wake-up call, it's not the end of the world. Best wishes.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Orbea View Post
Do NOT call the pharmacy
I'm with Orbea on, Don't call the pharmacy. That will Raise the Red Flag for sure. Like some others have said, I don't think you have much to worry about, but don't ever do anything like that again. I think you will learn a lot tomorrow at the meeting. Best of Luck and God Bless.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for continuing to post on here and talk to me. You are all helping me so much with the stress part of it all... Keep the comments coming, I hope I can sleep tonight.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

You're doing great. How's the kid doing?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

He is perfect as always.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

scaredneedshelp,
I have two pharmacists in my family, and they often mention situations where they know someone is trying to forge scripts, and they just refuse. they don't mention having to contact doctors, I dont think that happens much.
Please try to not worry, cause I agree with others that you dont have anything to worry over. It isnt like you tried to push the issue. believe me, every day there are folks who try to get scripts filled when they shouldn't. they are just refused all day long. i also work where in a grocery with a pharmacy, and they talk about drug seeking happening regularly, and they just have to say no, unless the person pushes about it, then they will call doctor to verify. relax. learn from this blessing in disguise. take care of you and that precious boy. get to Na, and keep going forward.
and keep posting, there are so many great people here who have been where you are, and frankly, many who were so much worse,before they got scared for their lives.

big hugs,
chicory
Old 02-26-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Go hug your son, scared. It's going to be OK!

Even if a pharmacist were here, he or she would have no way to know what someone else might do. And quit searching the web, for goodness sake. The web specializes in worst-case scenarios—you know how many times I've self-diagnosed myself with a terminal illness? Well, I'm still here. And you will be, too.

Just get to that NA meeting tomorrow. As the days pass, and there's no sign of the police, you may hear a voice in your head telling you it's OK to use again, that you could just have one or two and be OK. Do not listen to that voice—it's your addiction talking, and it will lie and twist reality, doing anything it can to be fed. It doesn't care about you or your boy. Hopefully by then you will already have the phone numbers of folks from NA that you can call. Or hop back on here, just like you did today. Do whatever it takes. This is a new beginning for you. Try and breathe a sigh of relief, because the worst thing that could have happened was if they had filled that prescription, and you had just kept on going down the path you were on.

You will be OK. Really, you will. And so will your son.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

wow-good point!

[QUOTE=ReadyAndAble;3298171]Go hug your son, scared. It's going to be OK!

Even if a pharmacist were here, he or she would have no way to know what someone else might do. And quit searching the web, for goodness sake. The web specializes in worst-case scenarios—you know how many times I've self-diagnosed myself with a terminal illness? Well, I'm still here. And you will be, too.

Just get to that NA meeting tomorrow. As the days pass, and there's no sign of the police, you may hear a voice in your head telling you it's OK to use again, that you could just have one or two and be OK. Do not listen to that voice—it's your addiction talking, and it will lie and twist reality, doing anything it can to be fed. It doesn't care about you or your boy. Hopefully by then you will already have the phone numbers of folks from NA that you can call. Or hop back on here, just like you did today. Do whatever it takes. This is a new beginning for you.
Try and breathe a sigh of relief, because the worst thing that could have happened was if they had filled that prescription, and you had just kept on going down the path you were on.
Absolute truth here! thanks for pointing out the most important thing of all , for Scared!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Well my son is in bed and I'm stressed out again. Tomorrow my world might come crashing down. I can't help but think this could be the last time I tuck him into bed for awhile.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Scared - I'm glad you're here, just sorry for what you're going through. I agree with the others, though..... if you use this to motivate yourself, it can be a good thing. And you found this forum - so that's a plus, too!

It's normal to imagine the worst - I'm pretty good at it myself.... But don't put yourself in jail yet, OK? From what I hear, there's no room out there anyway - and there are bigger fish to fry.......

You're going to be OK - just try to stay in the present and I'll send you some positive thoughts and prayers......