Notices

help

Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I have been Praying for you and I have a good feeling about today. Hang in there and stay positive. You can do it.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

My firsnt NA meeting starts today at 12. should I get there early? I dont know how this works. I still keep stressing. No withdrawal symptoms yet so I dont think I will have them. Weird thing is that my mind keeps saying if I had a pill I wouldnt be stressed but I am not going to give into that temptation. I have used pills to cover up my emotional problems for too long and sounds kinda silly but I just realized the emotional problems always come back in 4 hours when the pills wear off. I hope I can kind somebody like a therapist that can help me address everything else that has been going on in my life that tempts me to use pills. I have hit by bottom, now its a long journey up.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Just take it a day at a time....Don't use today. It wouldn't hurt to show up 15 minutes early...You can introduce yourself to someone....Find some lady that looks happy and say hello and that you are new...You'll meet some great people. Just relax...Ask God to keep you calm...And have fun...It's a journey...And a good one.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I wont use today and thank you for being here for me.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Be sure and come back after the meeting..We want to hear about it...Be good.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I will... do you know how long meetings last?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

One hour...You don't have to talk in the meeting if you don't want to...You can just listen...See how you feel.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
gooniegoogoo

Don't beat yourself up, we all make mistakes.
This is why there is a forum like this to let you know that you
are not alone.
Just remember no one is perfect.
It sounds like you are on the right track, going to NA meeting is a start.
Keep it simple and in the day..don't look too far into the future.
Do you have access to addiction counsellor through work, that might be an option, at least you can't ge disciplined if you admit you have a addiction problem.
I am from Canada and may be way off, but just want you to know that there are people here to support you along the way.
In recovery, Peace
Old 02-27-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Ok good because at this point I dont know if I am put on the spot to speak if nothing will come out of my mouth or if everything will come out of my mouth. I am not sure which is worse.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Take your pick...Just let it happen....Those rooms are a very safe place to be...You'll feel it when you get there...I feel it every time.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

If they call on you and you are not ready...You can say your name and say you want to pass if you're not up to talking...Like I said....Just let it happen.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Remember this...They'll be people there that will have done a lot more drugs than you have...And done a lot worse things...But everybody is there for the same reason..To change their life and to get better. Those are the kinds of people I want to be around.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:59 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Weird thing is that my mind keeps saying if I had a pill I wouldnt be stressed but I am not going to give into that temptation
That's the voice I was warning you about yesterday. I find it really helpful to not identify it as "my mind," but rather to view it as the voice of my addiction. My addiction and I have two radically different mindsets. There's me, with all my goals and hopes and fears, and then there's the addiction, which only wants one thing—to be fed. And it will lie and reassure me and play off my fears and do anything it can to get me to give in. But I won't do it, and neither will you.

You will be among friends at the NA meeting, just like you are here. People who understand exactly what you are going through, because they've been through it themselves. No one will judge you. If you're scared, say so. If you don't feel comfortable talking, say so. Nothing you say will surprise them—they've heard and seen it all before.

You're on your way now. I'm really glad you're taking action!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Also, Sapling has a really good point. Do not compare yourself to others. The addict mind will latch onto other people's horror stories and say, "See—you're not that bad. You're making a big deal out of nothing. What's a pill now and then compared to the stuff they did?" Do not listen to that voice. Because addiction is progressive, and if we don't stop, we will get worse and worse and worse.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hang in there, it's going to be okay. DON'T use anymore. If you get tempted, play the whole tape through. Think of what will happen if you keep using. It will only get worse if you do.

God bless.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

So the first meeting was kind of scary but I will be going back. I find it strange how scared I have become of talking to people. I have always had a voice and I was always out going now i panicked when somebody even asked my name. I hope that changes, I want my life back. Still have not heard anything from the doctor, pharmacy, or police and I am still scared but at the meeting I found that by listening to other peoples stories I actually stopped being scared for a minute.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

You did great...It get's easier as you go along...I'm proud of you...I don't think you'll be hearing from anybody...But you'll probably ease up on yourself on that as days go by...Good job on the meeting.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Old 02-27-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thank you very much. after a lot of praying and thinking I know when the time comes if I do hear anything I will be honest about everything and hope for the best. I know where I want to go in life and this forum and NA gave me options on how to get there.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

My back has been killing me all day I know that it is probably the addiction telling me I hurt but I wanted to ask should I take motrin or tylenol? I am not an idiot I was just curious because there was tylenol in the vicodin I was taking and I didnt know if I should avoid that as well.