Notices

Stress level 10

Old 02-15-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stress level 10

Its day 17 and I have stress level 10 today. First time really felt so small and lost since I quit drinking.

My idea that worked for every one is going to be replaced with less efficient one. Only because people in charge can change the process as much as they like any time.

I don't know how to deal with stress like this.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
Only because people in charge can change the process as much as they like any time.
And only you....Can change the way to how you react to it.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sapling

I was protecting my idea for years. Its been taken away. Very sad. And everyone knows that this is a big achievement of mine. How can I be calm and cope with my feelings? Its not just a feeling..its more.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So sorry, heathy. But I think you know drinking will not make any of it better, right? And likely you would feel worse. Can you take a walk, run, beat up a pillow? Something to blow off some steam in a healthy way?
Old 02-15-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can accept it.....Or you can fight against it. In your stage of recovery I'd recommend accepting it. It doesn't mean it completely SUCKS!....But maybe their way won't work and they'll come back to yours. Who knows? That's the kind of crap life deals you. Go outside tonight and scream at the moon....And then let it go.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

rochele

Its not that Im angry. I feel very upset that my idea is replaced with someones else.
Beating up my pillow won't solve the problem.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was not presuming you were angry, sorry. Just throwing out ways to let off the stress. I thought you said stress. Sometimes a physical release is helpful for that. I have had treatment for stress and anxiety in the past.

And, sometimes, we just have to feel upset or accept things go another way. As Sapling said, and it sucks. I am not sure you can solve the problem, if others are also in the mix.

Anyway, I am sorry you are so stressed and upset. I know you have been having a hard week.

rochele
Old 02-15-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

rochele

Thank you. Your post really helped. I will accept this and move on.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

With only one day under my belt this time I'm about as far from someone should be as far as giving advice, but when I made it 8 months a few years back I'd take a bikram yoga class. The heat, stretches, and breathing really made me get focused and grounded. It's a very intense experience and you learn quite a bit about yourself in a 90 minute time period.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I tried Kundalini Yoga before. Its good, but I prefer more active kind of sports. But thank you.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

You might find it helpful to read Eckhart Tolle "A New Earth". He really helped me to understand that it was my ego that was clinging to 'things', and that letting go of attachments to things was how to grow spiritually.

I hope you feel better.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Anna

Thank you for the book. Already found it online. Will definitely read it!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey HF

I've had that experience a few times - you can either let it eat you up, or you can let it go.

We can't control other people or the ideas they have.

Take solace in the fact that your idea worked well for so long - if this new idea doesn't work out, who knows - maybe your idea may be reinstated?

D
Old 02-15-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Dee74

I have no choice but let it go. But I don't want to!!! Its mine. Its brilliant. Even if new idea is not going to work as good as mine, they will keep it. Because that guy is in charge and does whatever he wants to do only because of his status.

The problem is it upsets me so much, that I can't even talk to him. But I don't want to show him, how upset I am.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you for being so honest in your post, it is brave to admit you are having a hard time. You do not give yourself enough credit! You say you don't know how to deal with stress like this, but you already reached out on here, so you DO know. When things feel out of control for me at work, i like to go online and apply for other jobs, it feels fun and rebellious! Also if this guy is a jerk, never let him see you sweat! Take good care of yourself, YOU are what is important right now.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

HF - go for a run. Run for as long as it takes for you to stop focusing on the betrayal, and start focusing on your breathing, and the physical exhaustion of your run. I find the body has a natural way of giving you time to think, until the override system kicks in and says "well - that's not that important right now, cause the legs are cramping..."

You end your run - voila - the other stuff just doesn't seem that bad
Old 02-15-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
Dee74

I have no choice but let it go. But I don't want to!!! Its mine. Its brilliant. Even if new idea is not going to work as good as mine, they will keep it. Because that guy is in charge and does whatever he wants to do only because of his status.

The problem is it upsets me so much, that I can't even talk to him. But I don't want to show him, how upset I am.
Sounds like it's their loss.
Now your last 2 sentences you may want to look at. May give you some insight into the problem... and the solution.

Wishing you the best.

Bob R
Old 02-15-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

LadyNoBinge

I will deal with him professionally. He won't see my true feelings. BUT Im not sure how I will be able to use his poor, lack of creativity can't even call it the idea.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

MentalLoop

I wish I could go for run, but its dark already outside. So Im like a boiling pot here.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

2granddaughters

So Im letting it go. My precious thing!

To boost some confidence I found a book that Ive never read. Called Managing People, Finance and Marketing. 855 pages should be enough to find better ideas.