Notices

Okay so now I'm fat.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wednesday18 View Post
Great, hadnt thought of the fact that i may get fat! i already struggle with weight (however 5'6 and 135 so not overweight)and thought quitting drinking would save me over 1000 calories a day and i may lose a few...from reading this maybe not
Don't stress- everyone's different.
I'm a guy, and I don't know if that makes a difference, but I've been indulging most of my sugar and pirates booty cravings and have still lost weight/size by simple virtue of the fact that I'm not consuming all those calories in beer and wine.

But the fact remains- save your ass now, worry about how it looks later. I love that!
I'm NOT looking to date etc, at all and especially in the rooms, but I can tell you that plenty of you gals in recovery look gorgeous- the sober you is definately the most beautiful you.

Dave
Old 01-18-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Wednesday!!!!! I haven't gained any weight!!!! LOL. My DH has just been trying to make me weigh less! It's okay don't worry!!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pigtails View Post
Right, it works for me and is only something that I recenly feel strong/motivated enough to do. At first all my energy went to staying sober and I did indeed eat lots of sugar and chocolate and ice cream and fast food etc. I was just trying to say that this didn't "work" for me for long because it left me feeling bloated and sluggish and with many of the same emotional symptoms as when I was drinking! So now I'm discovering that an overall healthy approach is best, and was sharing that that is helping me, but, I do understand the initial "dive into sugar" phase. I'm not sure how far along in soberiety 1undone is, but I have to motivate/discipline myself to make healthy nutrition changes even if I don't feel like it, or I would drag it out indefinitely and have heard people in AA talk about exchanging an alcohol addicton for a food addiction/problem, so, I just think it helps to caution on these matters. Even if we don't practice healthy nutrition for awhile, it's nice to keep it on the radar. I agree with the advice of communication to the husband-- he needs to undersatnd where she's coming from and that she feels emotional/vulnerable and needs support right now, not criticism.
trading obsessions isn't good either. just relax and try to enjoy the benefits of being sober....nothing happens overnight, especially physical fitness. (i wish)!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1undone View Post
wednesday!!!!! I haven't gained any weight!!!! Lol. My dh has just been trying to make me weigh less! It's okay don't worry!!!!

???dh?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

exercise

Im not a sweets person and not too hungry anyway. i think i need to stop focusing on this and continue to hit the gym and run a few times a week as i always have and will be fine...just no energy now and kinda "foggy" and feeling icky? hopefully that is expected to resolve itselt in a few days to a week of being sober...and then i can get a move on with my regular hobbies of gym and tennis
Old 01-19-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

DH = Dear Husband