Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

1st day, still feeling a bit woozy from detox, but things are starting to feel normal

Notices

1st day, still feeling a bit woozy from detox, but things are starting to feel normal

Old 01-18-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I just managed to eat some soup. At paren't house (thank god my own was only 15 miles away) I felt like I was going to die in the cab.

I was in my own appartment, could barely talk, barely walk. Had drank my last beer the morning of, last who god know fifth every two hours the night before. I thought the beer would help taper. It did not.

So I manned up called the mam, who has been so loving(but also raised in taiwan and somewhat conservative) in the past I couldn't bear to tell her I was an alcoholic. What a hell of a way to come out.

Got home. Looking INSANE. I had to be pulled out the care. Jaundice skin, chipped tooth... My poor mom. I tried my best to describe what happend, going to the hospital obviously needed to happen. I spent the night there under IV, avitan, and some other drugs. I feel asleep for the first time 4 days.

Went home to finish sleeping, Slept unti 1.30.

Now its 340. Finally starting to feel human again. Dunno if this the place to share this story.

So what's next? I have an appointment with kaiser detox program or however tomorrow. What is the next few days/weeks going to feel like?

And obviously. I'm never drinking a drop again.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you made the decision to stop drinking and to seek help from your family and at the hospital.

I didn't go to a detox centre, but it's a very wise thing to do. When you leave the detox centre, will you be going to a treatment centre or going home? The first days and weeks will likely be emotional and a bit scary, but you can get through it.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome
I'm glad you're being cared for

You'll find a lot of support, understanding and ideas here - great to have you with us

D
Old 01-19-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome thenewmw!

I'm really glad you got some medical help and that you're starting to feel better. I found that things got better a little bit each day and still noticed improvements even after a year sober. The mental/emotional part was the hardest for me in the beginning.

Get as much support as you can, lots of vitamins (especially B vitamins), and make sobriety your number one goal each day, above all else. Be patient with yourself, and keep reading/posting!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, this is a good place to be. Lots of smart, successful sober people here to help you. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you for seeking help.
There's no telling what's going to happen over the next few days, everyone is different. But the detox place will supervise you.

Great decisions on your part. And I'm glad you're here. Keep us posted.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job on getting professional help. They can help ease you out of it. You still have a rough road ahead, but you never have to do it again if you don't want to.

God bless.