Notices

What if I'm the only person who thinks I have a problem?

Old 12-05-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sillybee View Post

... and saying hurtful things to those that I love the most.
... If I lose my job, my boyfriend, or worse, it's all on me.
I'm surprised you have the above concerns without anyone else thinking you have a problem.

So these loved ones: boyfriend, parents, etc: you regularly say hurtful things to them, while obviously drunk, and none of them think you have a problem?

I was always good about not coming into work verifiably drunk, but it didn't take an expert to spot bloodshot, glazed-over, puffy eyes every morning. Also chugging coffee and water in equal quantities, then pissing every 15 minutes and shaking at the same time as yawning. I'm sure anyone with half an eye open could tell I was drinking myself stupid just about every single night. A bunch of people said things to me, but I never took their word for it.

I suppose I can't "criticize" you for not having people in your life confront you about it, but there's really no one that thinks you have a problem, or would at least agree with you if you said you needed some help? If so, then I'm quite surprised, but I'd have to commend you, because I would have never gotten help without a bunch of people twisting my arm.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sillybee, you sound a lot like me! I'm the same "type" of drinker...always seem to go overboard, even when I try not to. My friends and family have had to be guided into dealing with me being sober, because they are all drinkers. "you cant even have just 1??" is a question i hear alot. My dad has been the least understanding ( go figure)... Anyways, YOU know what is best for you, and if they love you they can deal with it . I'm 4.5 months sober and I can tell you it has been an amazing decision for me. I have avoided calling myself an alcoholic to anybody but my closest inner circle (2-3 people). To everyone else, I've simply "quit drinking".
Old 12-06-2011, 04:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've stopping trying to convince people I have a drinking problem - I know I do - now I just don't drink. And by the judge of how hard it was to stop and now I keep thinking about drinking and have to work to stay stopped - I know I had a problem.

I don't think people without an issue even think about it.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Your perception is your reality! If you think you have a problem with alcohol than you do!