Notices

I really need help!

Old 11-20-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Now THAT's what I'm talking about Niko...
Old 11-20-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustLiving View Post
I made it through Day 1 with flying colors! Now onto Day 2 and looking forward to taking on whatever may come my way.
Well done, JustLiving! I am right there with you!! This Friday will be my first test. I can do it
Old 11-20-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Justliving. Glad you found us. Things happen for a reason.
I had a few stints with sobriety here and there the past 30 years but I'm on day 297 so I know it can be done. I spent many a day and night here reading and posting. I guess I was in awe at the number of people that were 'just like me', that could understand how I felt -both physically and mentally and could actually speak from experience instead of 'preaching' the wicked ways of alcoholism. I KNOW I'm an alcoholic....the understanding, empathy and compassion is what's appreciated when you feel 'raw' and vulnerable to your new life.
You've done this before...it never gets 'easier' but you know what to expect.
Wishing you peace and strength in your recovery.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~sb

AA is an action program where you take action. AA saved my life. Try something some program & SR to help you!
Best wishes on moving forward!
Old 11-21-2011, 12:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

from another 43yr old ,
Keep up the good work
Old 11-21-2011, 01:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome and good luck in finding a way that will allow you to remain sober for the remainder of your lifetime that you really want to do.

At some point you may even find yourself willing to do what you don't care to do in order to avoid sobering up every so often, which is a huge drag. It's a good idea to stay completely away from AA until you reach that point. Dipping your toes in anytime prior to that terrible point is almost always an error, imo.

Never go to AA unless you're faced with no other choice than to do all the stuff there, as it wastes your time and the time of the members who could be helping the willing.

Maybe try kudzu extract pills, hypnosis, any alternative programs, or see your doc for his/her currently favorite meds. Every other year a new guaranteed cure comes along, so you've quite a backlog to work your way through.

Doing so may take the rest of your life, no telling. One thing is certain, that you'll continue to deal with our little condition one way or another. Choose well for yourself as things get more difficult as time extends and the severity of your situation deepens.

A lot of being alcoholic is very bad news and hard to swallow, but things can and do get much better very slowly if you eventually find a way to stay comfortably sober.

Good luck as you continue on your journey.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

welcome to the site man and good luck with staying sober...