Notices

Newcomer here

Old 11-12-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Once again I want and need to thank ALL of you who've replied. That kind of help is soooooo much appreciated!!

Itchy, I'd love to post some pics of my little girl Sophie but can't until I have 15 posts. Skylar and Maggie are magnificent! How lucky us humans are that God knew to give us who need them most our pets.

I can't and will not do anything "in house" to detox or for w/d because I will not leave my dog. We have not spent more than a day apart from each other since I've had her. My biggest fear was that I was drinking so much that I'd suffer from some bad w/d symptoms but I don't think I will. I can go a day and even two without feeling much w/d. It's just when I'm in a situation where I'll have to face co-workers, meetings or any social situation I begin to shake and sweat and to take care of that I drink.

I'm just so very confused and scared right now. I don't know how to deal with ANYTHING social unless I drink that I can't get rid of this crutch until I find a way to deal with social situations without it. It has been the only answer I've ever had or have ever known. Since my job is so very much dependent on social situations I'm considering resigning. It's a FANTASTIC job pay and perk wise (80k a year) but come with an almost unbelievable amount of responsibility and pressure. The situation makes me think about Least's quote, "I'd rather live in my car with my dogs than live in a castle without them.". LOVE THAT! But I'm thinking something like, "I'd rather live sober with nothing than drunk with everything."

Called my brother Thursday to come clean with him but got no answer. He called back yesterday but I was not "fortified" to be able to talk to him and tell him the truth. Getting "fortified" right now and will probably call him in a few. Were not a "feely touchy, huggy" kind of family but close. I've still decided to follow through with seeing my Doc next Wed. and coming clean to him. I just don't know if I can do what I need to do work-wise until I figure this all out.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Nikoneer,
I was just naming a lot of thongs that people do to quit with help. We see a lot of us doing the same thing that didn't work for many of us either. Those being being secretive, and not involving their doctors or support groups like here and face to face like AA and counseling.

Haven't you noticed how we tend to grab onto the one thing we think we can hang our not quitting on, and ignore the other things we COULD do or try?

I also did and do AA, and counseling, and involved my family and friends, and my docs both my private doc and VA doc, as well as getting involved here online.

I think you are on the right track as your doc can take you safely through detox, and talking to your brother are probably the best two first steps to real lasting sobriety you can take.

If you don't want to leave Sophie, you might want to get sober for good dontcha think?

Thanks! Skylar and Maggie are playing with me and exercising me more often now that they have a sober "Dad" around 24/7.