Notices

Hello

Old 10-14-2011, 02:11 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Great job! You are an amazing, strong woman - look at all you're accomplishing! You can do this! Please keep posting and letting us know how you are doing. ((Hugs))
Old 10-14-2011, 04:41 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

people on here are so great!!!!!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:12 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
people on here are so great!!!!!

my mentor at work came to see me this afternoon, he has been so good to me these last few months and has supported me when I was really quite ill. I'd given him a copy of the letter I sent to CBT, he knew Id had a rough time but no details. It made him cry not infront of me but when he was reading it. He says that he thinks Im an amazing woman, funny how we appear to others. Im very lucky to have such friends
Old 10-14-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi Tiggy, Wow... you are a true survivor. After what you have been through you can do anything. If you just focus on not drinking for today (even if its broken down to this second, minute or hour) it can add up to a lifetime of sobriety.

You are an amazing woman with an amazing story of survival & success. If you could just beat this one thing (alcohol) your life would be so much better... I promise (and you will be surprised by how much less anxiety you will have when not drinking for a while ... I was ;-).

With this last success of not drinking & continuing your great career of helping people and living a happy life after all you have been through I see the possibility of a best seller of a survival story based on a young woman's tragic life & how she overcame her problems to live a wonderful life helping others & giving back as a doctor, true modern day survivor & living story of how anyone can come back from a life of tragedy & pain. I would love to read your book one day, please let me know when its done

Please do this for you & your family, after what you have been through not picking up a glass of poison just for today (hour, minute) is a friggin cake walk ;-)

All of the best in your recovery, I can tell from your writing that you are a wonderful person. You have been through so much, its time for you to have peace, love happiness & contentment in your life... You Deserve It!

Love & best wishes ~ NB
Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Tiggy? Hope all is well
Old 10-21-2011, 08:14 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

'New Begining010 thankyou so much, you are not the first one to say I should write a book, Im keeping a diary as instructed by CBT lady so you never know, one day when Im stronger maybe I will.

I went to CBT again yesterday, I never thought of myself as a wonderful strong woman, reading your posts is so helpfull. I have fallen offf the waggon a little bit this week, not staggering drunk or anything like that. Hubby and brother in law who both drink heavily were with me all week, Im very ashamed of myself but determined to get on track again.

I have a challenge tomorrow, not from drink but in having to be with my family. Im playing taxi again so my elderly Dad dosn't have to. One of my sisters particularly when she has had a drink starts to act very childishly and draggs up all sorts of upsetting things from our childhood and taunts me as if we were wee ones again. CBT lady has told me to ' stay in the adult' stop the car if needbe and tell her to get the bus home or shut up!!! I'll have to see how that one goes
Old 10-24-2011, 01:22 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

OK its Monday and Im going to start all over. The sister who plays up decided not to come along on Saturday which made things a lot easier. Foxes managed to drag my dead cat out of her grave where she had laid for 2 months. So I had the horrible job of cremating her. I felt as though Id lost her all over again. I had too much wine and feel rubbish today. So I have told hubby that Im planning to be sober again and he is going to cut down too. So here goes my SAS friends
Old 10-31-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Ive been really poorly, horrible vertigo needed injection tosort it out couldnt drive or do anything for several days. Ive tried to see my Gp but there are no appointments with him for 2 weeks. Im struggling to cope
Old 10-31-2011, 12:33 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Tiggy,

Take care of yourself. I had a bout with vertigo for about a week, several months ago. I rested a lot. Take the time to pamper yourself.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry - not had it myself but I know vertigo can be pretty horrible.
I'm sorry you have to wait 2 weeks too - that seems an inordinate amount of time?

D
Old 11-09-2011, 05:35 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

the Dr I work with gave me a prescription for some stemetil which helped a lot, but on Momday I felt wobbly whilst going upstairs fell all the way down and now Im black and blue! I think I may have cracked a rib, but my colleague is on holiday so I cant have any time off work. even my own patients have been asking how I am I do look a terrible sight. Now for that drink, Only joking, I think I would have killed myself if Id have been drunk and not been able to react quickly
Old 12-22-2011, 07:52 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Just to let you know Ive been on holiday for 2 weeks, all inclusive so the temptation to drink +++ was very high. I did have a little bit of champagne most days, but was never drunk. OH unfortunately was staggering most of the time we were there. Now we are at home Im not drinking anything again. funny how I was able to have just a little on holiday without going overboard???? I dont trust myself to do it long term at home, not a chance