Notices

Friday issue

Old 09-18-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Yes, Saturday was a success! Feeling like I will be able to get a lot done today and not waste a whole day of my two day weekend!
Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 09-18-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Yay! That's great, Bethany. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Sal
Old 09-24-2011, 09:46 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Sally! Just checking in with you to see how you are doing? I said a prayer for you last night. I am doing well and feeling so good actually. I have been reading a lot here and there is a sticky "Under the Influence" in the alcoholism forum that is a very interesting read. I am also reading "Drinking a Love Story" it is a very good read. These are keeping me healthy. Next weekend will be a big test for me. I am going on a mini vacation with people who ALL drink.I'm scared. Hope all is well with you Beth
Old 09-24-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey, Beth, I'm doing well! I slipped a little earlier in the week, but it was a small slip and I got on course again. I had read Under the Influence here and it was a great read. The few people who drink whom I hang out with, I've been telling them that I'm on a health kick now and feel better when I don't drink. It's the truth, lol! Only one of them tries to make an issue of it, which quite frankly is rude. I just have soda water with lime or lemon. I've been reading the AVRT thread at the secular section, which has been good for me. I've perused this method before a few years ago but I'm more determined to be quite sober at this point of my life now! Wishing you well this weekend and especially next!
Old 09-24-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd wondered where you'd got to
Sorry you slipped Sally but glad you're back

D
Old 09-25-2011, 05:30 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. I always love reading your posts and encouraging words. That slip meant getting right back in the saddle of sobriety again. And made me more resolute.
Beth, hope you had a good night, and a wonderful weekend overall. Last night I slept great. First time in a long time. I'm eating super healthy and I think that helps the body repair itself more quickly after quitting the poisonous stuff. After reading the Under the Influence thread, I got going. Lots of leafy greens, lots of other nonstarchy veggies, a few starchy ones, legumes, berries, much less animal products than plant ones. I have to lose 10 lbs anyway. Better to have a healthy glow than a flushed sweaty glassy eyed one!