Notices

Bad relapse...2nd restart...

Old 08-26-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

I just think of it as something that will kill me. It might not be fatal to others but it is to me; like a bad allergy, where one can go into anaphylactic shock if one ingests the allergen. That's what taking a drink really means to me now.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
SR Fan

You can do it, Healthy. I spent hours on this forum every day at first. It helped pass the time, kept me focused, and it was a lot cheaper than going to rehab!

If one day at a time seems like too much, just get through the next hour or two. Treat yourself to some good food. Read, write down your feelings, watch a movie..... whatever it takes to pass the time. It's going to feel strange and boring, but keep bringing your mind back to what you want to accomplish.

I wish you all the best - you deserve a happy life!:day6
Old 08-26-2011, 11:55 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Hi Healthy Food -

Best of luck to you! I would try quitting for a year and see how it feels. By then you should have an adequate idea of whether or not you want to make it "permanent".
Old 08-27-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I get antsy when I start thinking about forever, I mean that's a long time, like a REALLY long time to NOT use. Then I realize that hey, I won't be around for forever, so, no big deal!

Or, I do this...turn it inside out. I am going to live clean, forever...hey now THAT sounds pretty spiffy. Me, sober, forever. I LIKE that.

but mostly, I'm good with "for today" I don't plan to use again, but the committing to staying clean each and every morning is a ritual I sorta like.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
~sb

We always believe our lies. Don't stop until you're ready. The pile of lies will hurt you. You'll know when you're ready! Best wishes!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
~sb

Just don't drink today.