Notices

Early sobriety

Old 06-22-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

gnly,
Have you expressed your concerns about your sponsor with your sponsor? I.e., When you did (blank), I felt (blank). In the future, I would prefer that you do (blank) instead. Have you had a conversation with her about roles, relationships, expectations, etc.? I would encourage you to have that type of talk if you have not done so already.

Carol, one of the moderators here, often refers folks to an AA pamphlet on sponsorship. She posts a link that I don't know where to find or how to post. But the pamphlet is probably available at one of the AA meetings you attend. I suggest you pick up a copy, read it through and then sit down with your sponsor (whether you stick with your current sponsor or find someone new) and go over it together.

I don't know whether your current sponsor is right for you or not. Not everyone makes a good sponsor. She may not be a good sponsor. Folks usually sponsor in the same manner that they were sponsored. It may be that you are over sensitive and emotional right now in early sobriety. Or it may be that she isn't the best fit for you as a sponsor.

Only you can make that determination. AA is not perfect. The people in AA are not perfect. I think people try to do the best they can. What folks are able to give may not match what we need. People can't give what they do not have. I think a good sponsor reminds us that our reliance and dependance is always upon a Higher Power.
Susan
Old 06-22-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by Darklight View Post
Stay away from these guys:
These are the guys mentioned on page 151

4horsemen1.JPG