Notices

A (sobering) warning...

Old 06-01-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Wiharu

I too had spotty memories of stuff and luckily have yet to go over an edge I know I would fully run right over if i drink. The power and insanity of the stuff can be so overwhelming and all consuming as alcoholics know.

I could easily see myself in your shoes ...I have done some very silly , irrational and dangerous things , some I remember , many I don't. I woke up a little before losing my life , wife , kids and all the rest but I coudl be back there tomorrow unless I work it.

Congrats on 15 and there is a way through it, have a great 24
Old 06-01-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theatredork View Post
Thank you for sharing. Posts like this keep me sober. Welcome and keep coming back.
That's exactly what I wanted to say! You're story is keeping me sober. Hang in there. Never give up HOPE.

fragileflower
Old 06-01-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry this happened to you. Towards the end of my last heavy, months long binge I started w-the terrifying blackouts myself. I'd wake up for work wondering if I ate dinner and have to look in the trash (under the beer cans) to see if there was any evidence of dinner. Sometimes there would be fast food wrappers, meaning I drove to a drive-thru, ordered, drove home, ate...and didn't remember a second of it. F*** drinking, I hate it and it hates me.