Notices

3 day binge

Old 05-13-2011, 02:30 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberviking View Post
You're right, there is no cure. if I could find a way to turn off my cravings I would of have done so by now. But I just dont see how going to a one hour meeting is going to "help" me.
Going to a one hour meeting most likely will not help you. However, attending AA meetings, with an open mind and open ears, may lead you to a solution to your problem.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You cannot let the work problem make you tempted to drink. Would it be possible to go to urgent care and ask for help with your health? I want you to have that note.

And I know about phantom receipts. It really makes me mad when I add them up and I cannot remember having spent so much money. Someone on here called it "monopoly money." That's so true. For me, that's a real excuse to drink--so I don't have to face reality.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

But I'm just not going to put off AA and making up excuses for not going. I'm going to be there bright and early in the morning and maybe hit a couple different meetings.
The one by the laundromat?

8:30am?
Old 05-13-2011, 03:37 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
like a thunder bacon punch!

Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
The one by the laundromat?

8:30am?
Going to that one at noon and 6.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Going to that one at noon and 6.
That's whats up right there Vike.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Keep an open mind and enjoy the experience.

I promise you, it will get better and you'll soon find there is more to life than killing yourself slowly

Kjell~
Old 05-13-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
...is awesome!

Glad to see your feeling more positive today! Enjoy the meeting with people that all have one very vital thing in common...and in a safe place too :-)

Dont forget to eat something nice, your guts will love you for it
Old 05-13-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Can you squeeze in a trip to your Dr. and level with him? It is always a good idea to see your Dr. when you quit drinking. Also, I'd hate to see you lose your job. I lost three jobs due to my drinking and it sucked. Yes, it does give you plenty of time to hit meetings and work on your recovery, but for me, it also gave me more time to drink. I say that because that is the nature of our disease. If you could talk with your Dr. and maybe talk with your boss and explain your problem and that you are trying to work on it, you could save your job. What do you think? Worth a try?

Good luck. It sounds like you are on the right track. Keep up the momentum and focus on your recovery if you run into work problems.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:57 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

That's what I like about this site. Under my old account I know I came back after numerous trips off the wagon and I was welcomed back.

But God I hope this is the last time i do this to myself. Im a young guy at 31 but dammit im getting to old for this s**t!

Kind of afraid here, i called into work now for 3 days and they called mew right back saying they want a doctors note when i come back Monday. Hope I still have my job after this!

Also found a reciept for burger king that was around 1am.and i have zero memory of going there!! Just glad me and my truck made it home in one piece istread of getting another dwi or worse wrecking and getting myself or another killed! And iof i keep this lifestyle up its just a matter of time before that happens...
Im not going to sugar coat it for you .

Three days? worried about losing your job?

Burger King docket.??

Another DUI ??

everything you write is answering you own questions.

I know that , because Ive been there about five thousand times.

Alcohol is wrecking your life, like it did mine.

Simple mathematics really .

Stay on the forum.. Lots of people have so much wisdom here;

Chat privately to people , it helps.

would you like me to suggest some names of people who really helped me ????

Kind regards and Im really hoping you respond.

Good thoughts from me ,no judgement

Stay on SR

stay in touch my friend

L
Old 05-14-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

You might have to hang around a meeting more than an hour. In my area meetings are 1 1/2 hours.
If you haven't already looked around the forum, what you can expect from a meeting is the usual readings of AA literature, such as "How it works", excerpts from the big book, etc. This is always read at most of the meetings I've been to. Then there is a topic picked, it might be a reading from the big book, (the book of AA written by the founders), 12 and 12, (twelve steps and twelve traditions), a step meeting.
You might check out your area and see if you want to go to a speaker meeting as well. There are a variety of meetings.
Where I am it is not obligatory to say anything. Although every meeting can have a different format. In some meetings you will be asked to share, in others not.
Good luck, and I always recommend that people try at least 5 -10 meetings to really get a feel of what AA is about, the meetings can be so different.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Wow, I totally understand the 3 day binge and missing work. I feel insane. And I have been vigorously resistant to surrendering to the program and my Higher Power for several years, though I never saw it as such until last night.

You can go to meetings, spend a lot of time here on SR, read recovery literature, and exercise (which for me is the #1 cure for panic attacks). I'm with you, and there are lots of people here who are with you.