Notices

A whole new day

Old 04-19-2011, 04:50 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sismel2011 View Post
I understand alot more about myself now and know why I can not be like other people. I wish I had understood this years ago.
Welcome, sismel. I just read through this topic you posted, and it struck me as textbook stuff. The initial good feelings from stopping drinking. The self-knowledge gained from learning how alcoholics respond differently. The building resentments and self-centeredness. The relapse.

In that BB, there are two stories in Chapter 3 (Jim and Fred) that describe the exact same thing. I think Fred didn't even have the resentment going on, but the result was the same. Give it a look and see if you can relate.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:04 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks doggonecarl and keithj I struggle reading the bb... like I struggled with all other helpful books. I will read it though!

I am going to meeting later on today, a new group that only has women because it is very close to home and I feel like I will do better when I don't think about relationships. Today was a hard day as far as my blood family but really good day with church family. I am thinking of telling my pastor of my addiction so I can get spiritual support too. I just have not been that brave yet.