Notices

Newcomer

Old 01-14-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello Kitty...welcome to SR. The "allergy to alcohol" was the first thing that stuck with me and helped me to accept that I just cannot drink, I look at it the same way if I was told I was allergic to shellfish or peanuts and eating them would kill me I'd of course never eat them again and not even question why; alcohol is what I'm allergic to.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

WSelcomke to SR Kitty
Old 01-16-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yay! Day 8 almost over, I guess I shouldnt really count. I am just grateful that I am sober *today*.

I am just amazed, I havent not drank in this long in more than 20 years I am sure!

I had an urge to drink last night, it wasnt too bad and passed quickly. Before I used to get very anxious and it could only be cured by wine. Maybe I have Campral to thank there? But anyway, I am thankful for this forum and AA too!

I think it was down to knowing my friends were out. Also, I find being at AA on a Sat night a little depressing although it is a good meeting. I think I'll do the lunchtime one from now on and find nice, non booze related things to do from now on come a Sat evening. I dont really like the cinema, any ideas?

I am still pretty tired though! I had to take an afternoon nap - AGAIN! LOL
Old 01-16-2011, 12:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

WooHoo Kitty!

Way to go

Chuffed for you !!!!!

Keep it up, you can and ARE doing it!!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Sorry I havent been about but today is day 13 and I am the proud owner of 2 AA chips! My sponsor gave me a 24 hour and a week one yesterday lol, I am so proud of these lol!

I did wobble a bit aroumd day 10 and could have cried for a drink but thankfully it was too late to go anywhere and get some by the time I was desperate. I should have picked the phone up really, but am still a bit shy around AA people. I kind of want to share at meetings now but feel my story is pretty 'boring'... just another woman in her 30s who drank too much wine lol!

Anyway, thanks all for being here.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Dear K72. I would like to assure you that I've began and maintained some of the best relationships and friendships I've ever had in my life with sober members of AA. Life has just begun. Stick with it and be patient and you'll see. Life IS a hoot.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well I was going to register under another name but I decided to suck it up and out myself

I'm now 45. Since January 2011 a lot has changed, I've remarried and moved house. I think that attempt at sobriety lasted around 2 weeks in all and I got "bored".

I had a pretty rough time in early 2012 (turning 40 crisis) and did actually make a suicide attempt. I got decent counselling and worked on myself. I then met my now husband in Sept 2012 and after a whirlwind romance we had a fabulous wedding day in June 2013.

Life has been mainly good, lots of holidays and trips away in our RV (motorhome) I sold my house and we are mortgage free. We both drink, socially thought I was done with the problem drinking.

But then my dad passed away in January after an agonising 7 months in hospital where I had to see him totally deteriorate and I've kind of been "angry at the world since".

Long story, but it's 4:30 am, I'm up with the night sweats just over 24 hours after coming off a 4 day wine binge where I argued non stop with my husband and even scratched his arm when he tried to get rid of my wine. (It wasn't intentional but I'm horrified).

I've been horrifically depressed this year, I can see that now but it's time to grow up, stop dicking round with the idea of getting sober for good and actually do it.
I don't expect anyone to remember me lol - this thread had been dormant for nearly 7 years, sadly I guess it's common for people to come in all, "omg I need to quit" hang around for a few days or even weeks and then never to be seen again. Let's hope I can raise the bar this time, I turned my life around and got happy but I'm in danger of cocking it up if I carry on.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

lol I just re read my first post on this thread. I more or less said the exact same thing, that I'd gone back to drinking "socially" after a spell at AA.

I'm not sure if I'm going to involve AA this time around but I know where they are.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
2/2016

I can tell you that my depression, family disappointment, guilt, and shame went away entirely by giving up on the notion of drinking socially. This is so much better. I hope you decide to quit for good. you never have to feel bad again.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Welcome back kitty72
Sorry to hear about your Dad,I went through similar with mine, he got 8 months and I was pretty angry for a long time too.
Good luck with raising the bar.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Just checking in for day 7. Had some pretty hard cravings this weekend but white knuckled and kept busy.

Sorry to hear you went through similar to me Whendovescry xx