Notices

Watching football without booze

Old 12-21-2010, 10:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Being a Dolphin fan, its a miracle I havent drank yet......
Old 12-21-2010, 10:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
I can't decide who to pick this week in the pool......New Orleans or Atlanta? NO does not always show up!
Falcons are only picked to win by 2 1/2. I forecast another nail biter, 20-17 Falcons.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Miami is better than their record..........when they show up anyway. They should have beat Buffalo.

Ya, I know the spread is close. I think Indy and Oakland might be interesting! As will GB and NYG........GB almost beat my Patriots.........who woke them up?????
Old 12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

And to lose to Buffalo...
Old 12-21-2010, 10:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Buffalo is so border line to becoming a real team, aren't they?? Right on that cusp!!

I don't like Chicago (Cutler aka doughboy) but I would like to see them romp the Jets.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Buffalo is so border line to becoming a real team, aren't they?? Right on that cusp!!

I don't like Chicago (Cutler aka doughboy) but I would like to see them romp the Jets.
Chicago sure did pound the Vikings last night..
Old 12-21-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Yeah they did............What the hell was Favre doing in there again? His hand was purple black and he could not even feel it. I realize he has a heck of a career behind him..........but he needs to go away now and let the team start to build.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Favre is addicted to the crowds, the adulation....the notariety. He needs to get out.....he's already damaged his legacy in many eyes.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Guys (and Gals)... um, did any of you see that miracle in the meadowlands, if you were, uh, sober... you should remember

Old 12-21-2010, 11:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Favre reminds me of how I was with booze. "Just 1 more"... He might "just 1 more" himself into a wheelchair. I have a lot of respect for him as a player and just hope he hangs it up before he gets hurt badly...
Old 12-21-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I can't decide who to pick this week in the pool......New Orleans or Atlanta? NO does not always show up!
I like Atlanta. You never know what NO team is going to show up.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Yeah Art, he wanted one more Monday night in the spotlight. He even said he wanted to play in a blizzard.......drama, drama, drama..........

Yeah saw the Miracle, Mark..........I would have won my football pool........had the Giants won.........holy crap.....with only like 8 minutes left? Down 3 or 4 scores!!!!!????? WOW. That's like something Dallas will and did do!!!!!!!!!!!

Just read Cincy will probably not be resigning TO. LOL..............NOW WHERE????
Old 12-21-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
I hear ya, I had to stop being a Bengals fan because they became a trigger.

Just read Cincy will probably not be resigning TO. LOL..............NOW WHERE????
They say there is hope for everyone, but the Bengals come as close to hopeless as you can possibly get...unless you're the Browns. D'OH!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
your Dolphins cost me a 1 in 14 chance (originally 700 players at $40 each) at $28,000 when they decided to beat the Jets in week 14.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan - none to impressed right now.. Actually that loss contributed to my Sunday Blues.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:22 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I just noticed this thread this morning..thought i might add my 2 cents. I have been going to a few Steeler games a year for decades. For the past 20 years or so it has mostly been with one or more of my girls, so drinking has rarely been on the agenda, never with them with me.

The other day i went to a steeler v jets game with my youngest who is home from college. I was disgusted with the amount of public drunkenness among the crowd. Part of the problem was the 4:15pm start...way too much pre game time for these idiots to get their drunk on. One dude fell back five or six rows in the aisle and plastered my daughter and i with the beers he was carrying...my girl would have taken a direct hit had the seat back not have been so high.

Since i live over an hour from the stadium, smelling the beer spilled all over me made for such a pleasant ride home. I so love being there v watching on tv...but i have decided to not go to any more games that are not 1pm starts...except playoffs!

So was it karma for my drunken ways in the past, or a vivid reminder of how wonderful sobriety is in my life again?

Carlos
Old 12-22-2010, 04:24 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well I am sober to enjoy the games now but overseas oh and no tv...haha. One of the things I am looking forward to when we go stateside again.....enjoying the game!!! No more hangovers, embarrassing moments oh and the 5 million runs to either the beer stand or the bathroom. Yeah.....I am looking forward to getting my tickets worth at the next game!!!

Good share!