Notices

My top 3 Famous Sober Influences...add yours

Old 05-28-2010, 06:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I don't believe Nugent is an addict. Which is most excellent....just a little easier to stay sober that way.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Huh

I never knew about Stephen king either and I as well have been a fan for a long time.

Tara Reid is in recovery? If so she switched addictions b/c she is def. anorexic now, she is looking sooo skeletal.

I have another one Fergia-From the Black Eyed Peas-stuggled w/ Meth addiction and I know thats a tough one to beat.

I always wonder about Drew Barrymore??? If shes 100% sober- I know her whole story, but she never says anything in her adult life, about now about being sober etc. so I wonder if she drinks moderately now or is just over talking about it.

Sorry, I am a celebrity junkie so this post is right up my alley. With everyhting going on in my life I havent been able to keep up with the stories like I used to, thats why I didnt even know about Tara Reid, I dont know, I think she may be another Courtney love case, shes still claiming to be sober right? RIGHT HAHA!

<3 Dream
Old 05-28-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Anthony Hopkins

Woke up in Denver, had no clue how he got there from California.
Stopped and never touched a drink again some 20/30 years ago.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coffeenut View Post
I don't believe Nugent is an addict. Which is most excellent....just a little easier to stay sober that way.
The motor city madman Nuge in one of his books claims to have never tried alcohol or drugs.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Toro Solo

Iggy Pop
Downey Jr.
Mel Gibson oh wait, not so much...
not too sure about Mickey Rourke either he looked pretty bombed with a beer in his hand pawing some awards host last year...
BTW isn't Jessie James sober? Just goes to show you..
How about a list of the ones that remind us most why we don't drink...
Old 05-28-2010, 08:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thats a good idea Not,

Trainwrecks! Lets do it!

<3 Dream
Old 05-28-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Fun thread.

Mine:

Stephen King -- turned around from a very bad state,continued to write, very inspiring.
Kristen Davis -- her candor about it is admirable.
Anne Lammot -- have only read one of her books but I'm going to read more, and admired her attitude toward her drinking past.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Psalm 118:8
Old 05-28-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks for this thread! I'll have to think on this. The NUGE! he's awesome, got to see him a couple years ago at the Ryman Auditorium heck of a show, he's crazy...haha--full camou garb & a tail--looked to be a raccoon tail..lol

I believe I have one though, but can't find any info on his bios, so may just be hearsay or still under wraps...gotta respect that confidentiality
Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I've never heard that. What's her story?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Not to derail the thread or anything but I seriously admire *anyone* who's turned their life around...

so, while I admire celebrities that do it, I especially admire those here at SR who've done it and keep passing it on day by day too. In fact, I think the stories here hold up to, or surpass, others I've read elsewhere

Read the Stories forum if you haven't yet

D
I completely agree. The stories here in the forum are very inspiring and helpful.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scoob View Post

I've never heard that. What's her story?
Barbara Ellen interviews Kristin Davis | From the Observer | The Observer

I hadn't heard about that either. Very inspirational for me since she started sobriety at 22
Old 05-28-2010, 04:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

My understanding is that Nugent had (being PC here) excessive urge to to the act of procreation issues. Makes sense to me as a real addiction if you become compulsive about it to the extent of it screwing up the rest of your life. Hmmm, probably shouldn't go after that career as a rock star.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Everybody I know of has already been mentioned, but what is funny is that I found SR by googleing famous alcoholics, and one of the links brought me here, thank god ironic
Old 05-28-2010, 10:50 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thats b/c I am in here...Dont you know who I am?

Just Kidding!

<3 Dream
Old 05-28-2010, 11:06 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Stevie Ray Vaughan {RIP Brother}

Old 05-29-2010, 12:56 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
...than never

Comedian Richard Lewis

Addiction Inbox: Annals of Addiction: Richard Lewis
Old 05-29-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Amber Smith. When I saw her on Celebrity Rehab, I saw so much of myself in her.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Toro Solo

this is great, really great for me... I've spent my whole life comparing myself to others.. people I thought were normal. I always felt I wasn't like them. Not as cool, not as good looking, not as smart etc. All the while in fleeting moments sometimes sober, sometime drunk also feeling I was more cool, better looking etc. ridiculous... really.
When I was young it was Iggy Pop, when I got older and into bikes it was Steve Mcqueen..
when I read that someone like Stevie Ray Vaughn couldn't handle his booze... I just feel, well a little bit more like none of us are normal and that makes me feel just a little bit better...
btw, I'm way cooler, better looking and smarter when I don't drink. Really.
Day 6
Old 05-29-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dream2bClean View Post
I never knew about Stephen king either and I as well have been a fan for a long time.

Tara Reid is in recovery? If so she switched addictions b/c she is def. anorexic now, she is looking sooo skeletal.

I have another one Fergia-From the Black Eyed Peas-stuggled w/ Meth addiction and I know thats a tough one to beat.

I always wonder about Drew Barrymore??? If shes 100% sober- I know her whole story, but she never says anything in her adult life, about now about being sober etc. so I wonder if she drinks moderately now or is just over talking about it.

Sorry, I am a celebrity junkie so this post is right up my alley. With everyhting going on in my life I havent been able to keep up with the stories like I used to, thats why I didnt even know about Tara Reid, I dont know, I think she may be another Courtney love case, shes still claiming to be sober right? RIGHT HAHA!

<3 Dream
Hey Dream.....if you are truly a celebrity (in recovery) junkie, I highly recommend a trip to LA and the Saturday Nite Malibu or the Friday nite Rodeo meetings (among others...like Sunday morning Pacific Palisades which is the only meeting I've ever attended where there is a piano accompaniment when they celebrate anniversaries with "Happy Birthday" (fabulous munchies, too). I didn't realize until I left LA how the first thing I did in meetings was scan the crowd for celebrities<G>. Not so lucky in Boston. fun stuff!

blessings
zenbear