Notices

dub and chains (not AIC)

Old 04-12-2010, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dub and chains (not AIC)

I was just browsing and reading...I feel like I have a chain around my neck. This is a useless post, but I felt compelled to reach out. Maybe one day I will figure this out.
Later
Dub
Old 04-12-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Dub.

The chains of alcoholism you seem to be carrying around your neck really don't have to be there. I read on one of your threads that you were sober for a few months last year. So, you at least have an idea of what a day looks like without a drink. What's holding you back?
Old 04-12-2010, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I really dont know. I get no enjoyment, actually mostly pain, from alcohol. Wish I knew....thanks for asking.
Dub
Old 04-12-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post
I get no enjoyment, actually mostly pain, from alcohol.
I can relate to that. The last few years of my daily drinking were nothing but a pit of pain and despair. Why do so many of us alcoholics inflict this upon ourselves? Why do you do it? Clearly, as was the case with me, there might be underlying issues at work here, don't you think?

While you still seem to be holding family and job together, from what I read elsewhere, in my experience, you're getting dangerously close to crossing an invisible line. What kinds of fears are getting in the way of you making a healthier choice for sobriety?

I only ask these questions because reading your posts is like looking at myself in a mirror eight years ago, and I wouldn't wish what I lived through on my worst enemy.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you contracted a serious illness I'm pretty sure you'd be able to get time off work for treatment. Alcoholism IS a SERIOUS illness, one that injures you with a thousand little cuts before it takes you out altogether. When are you going to stop farting around and get treatment for it? All you need up front is a week for a supervised detox and then a program for staying sober. Come on Dub, just do it. You've been lucky so far but luck only goes so far and yours may run out if you keep pushing your limits.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That chain you feel around your neck is a choke chain and you keep pulling it tighter every time you drink.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was there too Dub...the only thing that worked for me was stopping drinking and getting help.

D
Old 04-12-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

bro, stop the insanity and check yourself into detox and/or rehab before something terrible happens.